Photo

Feel that the story of this card game is so slow...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 doraemon0872

doraemon0872

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

I started to play this year... bought two Core Sets and the Black Riders, Khazad-dûm, Shadows of Mirkwood Cycle expansions as well.

Realized that this card game released in 2011 till now...

And the movie Lord of the Ring III The Return of the King was 11 years ago...

It seems like the story of this card game is still remain in The Hobbit and Fellowship of the Ring..

The latest Isengard may have some of the Two Towers's plot.

Are we going to wait few more years for the big wars like Battle of the Hornburg, Battle of the Pelennor Fields and Battle of the Black Gate :o :o  Or did I miss any expansion pack that have already included these?

Kept playing the difficult The Battle of Lake-town which is actually a tiny plot in the whole Lord of The Ring story... a bit ironic

Thank you!

#2 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

Here's the setting of this game:

The SAGA boxes, (hobbit & lotr) follow the books.

The CORE set, DELUXE expantions & adventure pack cycles, play within the 17 years between which Bilbo left the shire after his 111th birthday; and before Frodo set out with the 1 ring.

So these are completely unrelated story-wise. 

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

"Not all those who wander are lost"

#3 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

This game is a good way to know all the history :)

Edited by Mndela, 19 February 2014 - 04:01 AM.

Wizard is never late... only comes last round

#4 doraemon0872

doraemon0872

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:02 AM

I see! So the Deluxe Expansions are also not following the plot or the book either? thought Voice of Isengard may form the beginning of The Two Towers before... If you're right then Saruma should still be a good guy then..

The progress is really slow, looking solely at the SAGA boxes it should still be within Lord of the Ring I: Fellowship of the Ring.

Thanks for clarification! :) :)

Here's the setting of this game:

The SAGA boxes, (hobbit & lotr) follow the books.

The CORE set, DELUXE expantions & adventure pack cycles, play within the 17 years between which Bilbo left the shire after his 111th birthday; and before Frodo set out with the 1 ring.

So these are completely unrelated story-wise. 

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

#5 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:03 AM

I think the game is to fast imo. The packs come our so frequently sometimes you hardly get time to play them. Plus the expense can get to you. I would much prefer a large expansion once a year than continual packs.

But yeah, only the SAGA expansion are meant ot be the story. the rest are just set in the universe.

Edited by booored, 19 February 2014 - 04:04 AM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#6 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:54 AM

I dont feel the progress is too slow. Instead, i feel the funny way is..., yeah, very slow. Lol, there is long time for fun...!

Edited by Mndela, 19 February 2014 - 05:56 AM.

Wizard is never late... only comes last round

#7 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

Also remember they are sort of releasing two sets of expansions at once (as stated above).

The saga expansions follow the stories from the books (those didn't begin until late summer/early Fall 2012), and once has been released about every 6 months, meanwhile there have been cycles and deluxe expansions to explore other times in Tolkien's mythology.

If they went at too rapid a pace we'd have the entire game already :).

#8 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

The Sagas actually seem to be coming out fairly quickly, all things considered. I mean, at this pace, we'll probably have the Ring at Mount Doom in 2015-early 2016.

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#9 Style75

Style75

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

The good thing about the pace of release is that each pack is getting a lot of play and therefore FFG is getting a lot of feedback about what's working and what isn't. I think that has resulted in a much better game which is evidence by how much better the newer quests and player cards are compared to those of the core set and mirkwood cycle.

I really appreciate the fact that FFG listens to all the comments and has adapted the game accordingly. They could have cranked out junk for this game but they didn't and as a result the game has just gotten better and better.

#10 iznax

iznax

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Style75 i agree with you, the last (3rd) cicle was both good and bad for me, but The Black Riders is the best expansion by far hands down, so the hopes for the new cicle are really high and i thing that we are going to get the best one (cicle).

P.S. sry once again for my english.

(]xxxxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::>

#11 doraemon0872

doraemon0872

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

I see.

Really didn't realized that the SAGA only begun from late 2012.

This is reasonable then.

Thanks for the info.

Also remember they are sort of releasing two sets of expansions at once (as stated above).

The saga expansions follow the stories from the books (those didn't begin until late summer/early Fall 2012), and once has been released about every 6 months, meanwhile there have been cycles and deluxe expansions to explore other times in Tolkien's mythology.

If they went at too rapid a pace we'd have the entire game already :).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS