Spaceport Control

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

I have an issue with the flow of Escape from Mos Shuuta. Starting off you get chased into a cantina, ok I get it. Then the bartender tells you about the junkyard and the ship, check go to the junkyard. But what indication in the story is there that the next step is spaceport control? My group went straight to the hanger, killed the bounty hunter then went back to SC. I of course made SC hostile assuming they watched guys in a hangar get massacred and now comming to them.
It just seems either out of order or not explained very well.

#2 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

When we ran through it, there really wasn't an indication. At some point during the story I just told my players that the know that the ship was clamped and their going to have to release the clamps before they can get out of there.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#3 Atraangelis

Atraangelis

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

As a GM you need to read the story beforehand to see as shown the Ship is Locked at the Docking bay.

To release the ship you need access to the Control Room at Star Port Control.

You can accomplish thius simply by allowing players who decide ot go to the Docking bay to make a knowledge or piloting roll to recognioze Docking bay SOP having a ship locked to prevent unauthorized.. as your players are trying to do .. Departures!

• BillW likes this
Obsidian Portal:Unforeseen Fates

#4 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

As a GM you need to read the story beforehand to see as shown the Ship is Locked at the Docking bay.
To release the ship you need access to the Control Room at Star Port Control.

You can accomplish thius simply by allowing players who decide ot go to the Docking bay to make a knowledge or piloting roll to recognioze Docking bay SOP having a ship locked to prevent unauthorized.. as your players are trying to do .. Departures!

Ok clearly you haven't read or comprehended my question. I've read the book before playing. My players did go to the hanger and triggered the encounters out of order. My question is what is the trigger effect that takes the pcs from the junkyard to the sc.

And next time read the question, and if you feel the need to talk down to someone, just don't comment.

Edited by flightmaster101, 20 February 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#5 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:03 AM

Chill, man. ^^

I'm an experienced GM, and I ran into the same problem. I think there is no real (or pointed out) connection for the railway going from junkyard to spaceport control.

I did the same as kaosoe - simply told them "Ah, yes, you know that the ship is probably clamped, and that you can remove those clamps only at spaceport control or from the cockpit" (the latter was my addition).

Edited by Mike, 27 February 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#6 andyrross

andyrross

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

I did the same. I said since Pash was such a great pilot, he knew that they had to go to spaceport control to get them released.

#7 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

I also tell the players that this is knowledge they would have--they know that to launch your ship from the Mos Schuuta hangar bay, you need to communicate with Spaceport Control.

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#8 copperbell

copperbell

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

I need to reread this, but off the top of my head this could have the spaceport control contacting the local garrison so they send a patrol to investigate.

At the very least they might be talking to spaceport control when your players enter which could either result in a reinaction of that scene where Han tries to persuade the Imperial that nothing is wrong or they immediately launch a pair of TIEs along with urging a Stormtrooper group to hurry to the Spaceport control meaning your players have to rush back after freeing the ship so they can get out of Mos Shuuta before the TIEs can intercept them...

Could even have a Imperial Shuttle or Frigate hailing them as they flee offworld and throw in a few comments about someone blasting their way out of Mos Shuuta later on in the game!

#9 Ocule

Ocule

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

I ran this last night and getting them to spaceport control was pulling teeth they refused to go so i kind of just rolled with it was wondering about that. Even after dropping them information to go to spaceport control to release the ship from the docking bay they opted to do it the hard way but bypassing that entire portion of the adventure but they insisted on going straight to the landing bay and releasing it manually through either mechanics or extreme amounts of violence. After grenading all their enemies to death, seriously those things freakin hurt, they went straight to the landing bay, ran from the storm troopers and boarded the ship. Dealt with Rex and his security droids and hacked the system from the landing bay to release the ship. No amount of subtle or not so subtle hints could persuade them to go to spaceport control. Also without actually telling them they need to go there to release the ship it seems almost counter intuitive

#10 RussanoGreenstripe

RussanoGreenstripe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

I had Vorn casually inform them after purchasing the HMRI module that if they want to get the Krayt Fang out of the landing bay, they'd have to undo the clamps at Spaceport Control. It was an improvisation, but when one member of my crew made the connections, everyone else rolled with it. After all, there's only one ship in all of Mos Shuuta (before the Imperial Shuttle lands, anyway), and it just happens to need an HMRI module. Someone coming in and buying it out from under Trex is a skosh transparent.

#11 DavetheLost

DavetheLost

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

My players went to the docking bay, with the HMRI module, booted Trex from the ship, installed the module and only then saw the clamps and went to Spaceport Control after much nudging from me.
It really is not at all spelled out in the adventure how or why the characters are supposed to know that they need to go to Spaceport Control.

My gang of outlaws then decided that instead of fighting their way through the Stormtroopers to the Krayt Fang they would steal the shuttle. Which they did. They landed the crew in the desert outside of town.

Getting to Spaceport control is definitely the weak link in this adventure.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS