Care to post up your amendments, conversions, new rules, revised tables etc?
Sure i can do that.
For the first, we use the old beta's latest eretta. I have increased the penetration on:
- Bolter, bolt pistol and storm bolter from 2 to 4. This make the appeal to that a guardsman's flak helmet will be ignored, instead of having the helmet protect with 2 armour value. This is supported by the thought of a Commissar making an execution shot to rally his men. The shot is supposed to kill the man, and therefore ignore the helmet.
Increased the difficulty of AVL for Plasma gun from -30 to -50, and the Plasma gun from -30 to -40. or vice versa.
This is to make it as difficult as the Melta version.
We use the updated (the latest eretta) critical tables. Our damage system is DEADLY, but worth it. I gave my players 5 fate points as a start threshold. It's high, but i want the players to use them wisely. Fate points will be awarded "sometimes" by killing some elite mobs and ALWAYS against Master mobs if they have lost atleast 1 fate point in the encounter.
- We use the weapons damage stats ect. from the updated eretta.
- All Daemons ignore any effect on the charts until they reach -30 or more, then they will perish.
- It's a bit difficult to understand my system, but it works like this:
We have this guardsman, named Bob. He has a flak armour (4 head, 5 on the rest of the body). He has a toughness bonus of 4.
He got struck by a bolt shell in the left leg. The bolter deals 1d10+5 pen 4. The bolt rolls a 9(+5), a total of 14.
He reduces the damage by 1 from the armour, and 4 from his TB. The new result is now 9 point of damage.
My system took an idea from the normal injuries and critical injuries.
Every time you reach the target's TB (4 in this case), you will give an additional +5 damage to the hit location. In this situation, we have reached Bob's TB twice! Giving a whole +10 extra damage to the hit location. Now the damage Bob's leg receives is 19! Now we look at chart and figure out what the damage have of effect.
IF he receives another shot in the same leg, you just add the new damage to the his current value (19+x).
- All body parts have their own values. You can easily have 14 damage on the Head, another 4 on the left Arm, and 19 on Left Leg.