Charlie Kan'e Ability Vs Delayed Condition

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Haunster

Haunster

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

I am curious if Charlie's action ability allows a delayed character to act.

Charlie's action ability states: "Another investigator of your choice may immediately perform 1 additional action". The delayed rules state: "Instead of performing actions during the action phase, a delayed investigator rights his investigator token and is no longer delayed.

Following are my questions and comments:

1. If Charlie performs his action ability after a character "rights his token and is no longer delayed", it would seem to me that the character can take the bestowed action that turn. Is this correct?

2. If so, one could then argue that if Charlie performs his action ability while a character is still delayed (i.e before a character has taken his actions during the action phase), the bestowed action from Charlie would allow the character to "right his token" and no longer be delayed. 

Welcome comments on this. Thanks.

#2 Croaton

Croaton

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

My personal view on this, that it is not possible, since the Rules says that if a character is Delayed, then the only action for that character to do is to 'stand up' on the map. That 'action' covers all of his/her possible action steps, even if it is 2 (the original amount) or 3 (with Charlie's ability) or even 4 (with Ruby of Ryleh item effect).  Even if the character would be able to perform 10 actions, the Delayed situation 'eats' all of his/her actions, regardless of what else happening with the character.

Edited by Croaton, 16 February 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Agreed with Croaton. The only way I can see Charlie's ability working is if he uses his ability on a character who already had his Action Phase and after that Action Phase is no longer Delayed.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 ricedwlit

ricedwlit

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

I think Julia's summed it up correctly.  Here are relevant sections from the reference guide:

Investigator Abilities, Charlie Kane p. 13:

• Charlie cannot use his action ability on an investigator that is Delayed. 

Delayed (p. 4)

• Instead of performing actions during the Action Phase, a Delayed investigator rights his Investigator token and is no longer delayed. 

#5 Gorehammer

Gorehammer

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

I think Julia's summed it up correctly.  Here are relevant sections from the reference guide:

Investigator Abilities, Charlie Kane p. 13:

• Charlie cannot use his action ability on an investigator that is Delayed. 

Delayed (p. 4)

• Instead of performing actions during the Action Phase, a Delayed investigator rights his Investigator token and is no longer delayed. 

That's how we've played it.  Seems right. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS