The Werewolf NPC in CoC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Played a wonderful game a Talisman on Saturday, unplanned. OK we ran into a situation and wondered if the werewolf NPC could go to the CoC. We scoured the rules, and even came here, and didn't find what we needed.

We did learn these rules:

The door to the inner region is sealed against him.

The path through the dungeon doesn't allow him into the inner region.

We found nothing about other access! Nothing about rolling #5.

One player was at CoC with the Nether Realm and another player rolled a 5 to send the werewolf to another player, can it be sent to the CoC?

We were believing rolling a #5 is a type of teleport.

I wasn't the one who read all the sources, only some of them, so maybe someone in my group missed something?

Edited by DomaGB, 16 February 2014 - 02:08 PM.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

I suspect the intention is that the Werewolf, along with the Grim Reaper, is not supposed to enter the Inner Region, and hence the Crown of Command.

I believe there are a couple of holes in current wording that could allow it, but the intention is certainly that he should not.

However, I don't really see a problem with either of them teleporting wherever they please as it can make for a very interesting endgame!  :ph34r:

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

That's what we thought. But sometimes we wonder, why don't they simply state, the Werewolf cannot go to CoC. rather than hinder his access.

The funny thing is, the guy on the CoC rolled a 5!

But before deciding we realized the werewolf might be stuck up there, because the door is sealed. Unless another 5 was rolled, and it was. So it was funny.

BTW, another rule we found was that the Reaper can't be in the inner region, cause he already is. While we didn't find this wording for the werewolf, we noted that he is also!

But we weren't playing that board center. We played the dragon board with the wooden tower. I think its a wooden tower... so we saw no conflict there. One of our deciding points.

Edited by DomaGB, 16 February 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#4 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

The FAQ 1.1 ruled the Grim Reaper out of the Inner Region, including when he teleports to another character.

The Prowling Werewolf should be treated the same way, I suppose.

#5 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

I think it crossed my mind during this that the Reaper couldn't, a good basis for a rule, but not perfect.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS