Legion of the Damned

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Cail

Cail

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:08 PM

Have they?. I've never seen them release anything to that effect officially in the *counts* 22 years I've been playing their games, all I've seen is forum users determined to prove that what their referencing is better than older sources repeat that arguement ad infinitum.

Edited by Cail, 23 April 2014 - 11:10 PM.

• Intellect is the Understanding of Knowledge.
  • Sentience is the Basest Form of Intellect.
  • Understanding is the True Path to Comprehension.
  • Comprehension is the Key to all Things

#22 pearldrum1

pearldrum1

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

Well perhaps the new replaces the old is a bit of a simplification.

The more direct answer would be that there is no official canon, just a majority owned agreed upon view of how things happen as it is shaped by the authors at the black library and GW. It seems to be a very laissez-faire attitude of "everything is canon, nothing is canon" while those postulating that idea side overwhelmingly more towards newer explanations (as evidenced by what they write).

There is a Dan Abnett quote that sums it up nicely, but I am far too lazy at the end of my workday to locate it.

Edited by pearldrum1, 24 April 2014 - 12:32 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS