Hi to all, have played lots of games since the last time I asked questions and we came with some more!
21) Tactical retreat and summon lightning: We had a situation in which a player played summon lightning and then Tactical retreat. Since both cards are played at the beggining of a battle is it possible to do so? or since tactical retreat cancels the battle it shouldn't be combined with summon lightning?
23) Question about challara: If challara uses her ability and duels an enemy hero killing him, would seh receive the fallen hero rewards or would they fall in the area where the hero died (adjacent to the space where challara is).
24) Question about Krutzbek: If krutzbek ends his turn in an area with more than one enemy hero, does his ability damages all of them or must he choose one?
25) Other question about the faq: I was reading that you cannot play the same tactic card at the same time during a battle (for example playing 2 summon lightning cards or 2 rally cries), in the case of summon lightning, since it is played at the start of a battle this would mean that only one can be played, but for example in the case of rally cry, can you play one in initiative 2, and one in initiative 4? since it is not at the same time?
26) Question about flesh reapers, the development card allows you to rout any number of flesh reapers at the start of a battle to do 1 damage for each flesh reaper routed, can you then play rally cry and do the ability again?
27) Question about Ice storm, is it valid to play a mobilize card to an enemy territory taking first the hero, play ice storm routing enemies equal to the hero's wisdom and then move the rest of the units to start a battle? or should the hero be before the movement in the area to use his reward?
29) question about the magic portal exploration token: If I pay 1 influence to move through the portal and attack the area where I landed, if I have an empty area adjacent to the place I just conquered can I retreat there? or must I pay 1 influence to retreat to the place I came? I would think that you can move to the empty area since this is similar to retreating into an area with water or mountains, but just wan't to check.
Ok, so basically, Corey confirmed most of these, and clarified a couple:
21) You can indeed play Summon Lightning, then cancel the battle with Tactical Retreat.
23) Chalarra would NOT get the rewards. Page 28 talks about this one. In the left column it says the surviving hero claims the defeated heroes rewards, but says to see Damaging and Defeating Heroes in the next column. In this section, it says "the controller of the victorious hero involved in the duel assigns all of the defeated hero's Reward cards to any of his heroes present in the area." So I think the first sentence is kind of a general case, but is clarified in the second. Most of the time, the victorious hero will be in the same area, so Chalarra is an exception, and as such, the second bit clarifies that if she's not there, she can't be assigned the Rewards. However, as written, this does mean if there was another friendly hero in that area, that hero could be assigned the Rewards instead.
24) Krutzbeck chooses 1 hero, and deals 1 damage to that hero; it doesn't hurt every hero in the area.
25) Got clarification on the previous ruling. If the card does not have a triggering condition, then you CAN play multiple copies. So you could play multiple Rally Cry cards. The once-per-trigger only applies to cards where you play it in response to something. For instance, with Pillage, you play it after winning a battle - the trigger is the "winning a battle".
26) You must completely resolve one effect before moving on to the next. So if you use Ravenous Hunger, you must finish using it before you can play Rally Cry. This means you cannot rout a flesh ripper, use Rally cry to stand it up, and rout it again. So between this and my post earlier about it, you can't do this
27) Yes, you can do this.
29) You can choose not to pay to move through the portal, in order to only consider spaces adjacent to the contested area. If you don't pay for the portal, you don't have to consider any spaces on the other side of other portals.