Some questions

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 MarcelloKing

MarcelloKing

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

I have a question about the undead. When the necromant has a orb result the undead player gets 2 berzerks. 

Are these two berzerks are removed after the fight or will they be added to the hex where the battle is going on. 

"What would happen if for example Uthuk attacks Undead. 2 berzerkers vs 1 necromant. Uthuk deals 2 damage and the necromancer has a orb result. Sincé Uthuk are de attacking player their abilities are resolved first, the question is, would they only kill the necromancer, since he is the only unit present when resolving berzerkers abilities and then would reanimates appear? or would they kill 1 necromancer and 1 reanimate?"

#22 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

It would kill a necromancer and a reanimate. When the necromancer's orb resolves, the reanimates are added to the battle, and exist until they are destroyed (that is, they don't automatically go away after the battle- it's just like you recruited them.)

#23 DAMaz

DAMaz

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

I have a question about the undead. When the necromant has a orb result the undead player gets 2 berzerks. 

Are these two berzerks are removed after the fight or will they be added to the hex where the battle is going on. 

"What would happen if for example Uthuk attacks Undead. 2 berzerkers vs 1 necromant. Uthuk deals 2 damage and the necromancer has a orb result. Sincé Uthuk are de attacking player their abilities are resolved first, the question is, would they only kill the necromancer, since he is the only unit present when resolving berzerkers abilities and then would reanimates appear? or would they kill 1 necromancer and 1 reanimate?"

It depends.

If the Uthuk deals the 2 damage via damage icons, the necromancer's special ability would be resolved first and the two skeletal warriors appear. Damage is resolved after special abilities so the unded player could distribute the 2 damage however he likes among the necromancer and the 2 skeletal warriors.

If the Uthuk deals the 2 damage via his special ability, the undead player has to deal the damage before the skelets spawn which means he can only kill the necromancer. However the special ability of the necromancer would still be executed and the two sekeletal warriors would spawn after the uthuk dealt the damage via special ability.

#24 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

It depends.

If the Uthuk deals the 2 damage via damage icons, the necromancer's special ability would be resolved first and the two skeletal warriors appear. Damage is resolved after special abilities so the unded player could distribute the 2 damage however he likes among the necromancer and the 2 skeletal warriors.

If the Uthuk deals the 2 damage via his special ability, the undead player has to deal the damage before the skelets spawn which means he can only kill the necromancer. However the special ability of the necromancer would still be executed and the two sekeletal warriors would spawn after the uthuk dealt the damage via special ability.

For the special ability, it also depends on who is the attacker vs. defender.  The attacker's orbs are resolved first, before the defender's.

So if Waiqar is the attacker, and Uthuk is the defender, and both draw orbs, the Waiqar ability would go first, spawning 2 reanimates.  Then when Uthuk uses his orb, the reanimates could be used to absorb the hits.  However, if Uthuk is the attacker, his orb would go first, and the Necromancer would be killed.  The Waiqar orb would still trigger, as it doesn't depend on a standing Necromancer, and the card is still resolved regardless of what happens to the units, but the Reanimates won't be around to protect the Necromancer.

#25 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

Incidentally, I got answers for several of the questions previously that I submitted to Corey.  I'll try to relay his answers shortly.

#26 MarcelloKing

MarcelloKing

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:27 AM

What i wanted to know actually is what @zaltyre mentioned. So the reanimates are treated like they were recruited through the battle and stay on the field until they die. they are not removed automatically after the battle ends?

#27 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:45 AM

Correct.  They stay forever, so one tactic the Waiqar player should employ is to fight often with the Necromancers as a way to get "free" troops.

However, one important note is that this is NOT considered "recruiting", so if you are at your limit of Reanimates, you cannot choose to destroy Reanimates elsewhere on the board to add to the battle.

#28 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

Hi to all, have played lots of games since the last time I asked questions and we came with some more!

21) Tactical retreat and summon lightning: We had a situation in which a player played summon lightning and then Tactical retreat. Since both cards are played at the beggining of a battle is it possible to do so? or since tactical retreat cancels the battle it shouldn't be combined with summon lightning?

23) Question about challara: If challara uses her ability and duels an enemy hero killing him, would seh receive the fallen hero rewards or would they fall in the area where the hero died (adjacent to the space where challara is).

24) Question about Krutzbek: If krutzbek ends his turn in an area with more than one enemy hero, does his ability damages all of them or must he choose one?

25) Other question about the faq: I was reading that you cannot play the same tactic card at the same time during a battle (for example playing 2 summon lightning cards or 2 rally cries), in the case of summon lightning, since it is played at the start of a battle this would mean that only one can be played, but for example in the case of rally cry, can you play one in initiative 2, and one in initiative 4? since it is not at the same time?

26) Question about flesh reapers, the development card allows you to rout any number of flesh reapers at the start of a battle to do 1 damage for each flesh reaper routed, can you then play rally cry and do the ability again?

27) Question about Ice storm, is it valid to play a mobilize card to an enemy territory taking first the hero, play ice storm routing enemies equal to the hero's wisdom and then move the rest of the units to start a battle? or should the hero be before the movement in the area to use his reward?

29) question about the magic portal exploration token: If I pay 1 influence to move through the portal and attack the area where I landed, if I have an empty area adjacent to the place I just conquered can I retreat there? or must I pay 1 influence to retreat to the place I came? I would think that you can move to the empty area since this is similar to retreating into an area with water or mountains, but just wan't to check.

Ok, so basically, Corey confirmed most of these, and clarified a couple:

21) You can indeed play Summon Lightning, then cancel the battle with Tactical Retreat.

23) Chalarra would NOT get the rewards.  Page 28 talks about this one.  In the left column it says the surviving hero claims the defeated heroes rewards, but says to see Damaging and Defeating Heroes in the next column.  In this section, it says "the controller of the victorious hero involved in the duel assigns all of the defeated hero's Reward cards to any of his heroes present in the area."  So I think the first sentence is kind of a general case, but is clarified in the second.  Most of the time, the victorious hero will be in the same area, so Chalarra is an exception, and as such, the second bit clarifies that if she's not there, she can't be assigned the Rewards.  However, as written, this does mean if there was another friendly hero in that area, that hero could be assigned the Rewards instead.

24) Krutzbeck chooses 1 hero, and deals 1 damage to that hero; it doesn't hurt every hero in the area.

25) Got clarification on the previous ruling.  If the card does not have a triggering condition, then you CAN play multiple copies.  So you could play multiple Rally Cry cards.  The once-per-trigger only applies to cards where you play it in response to something.  For instance, with Pillage, you play it after winning a battle - the trigger is the "winning a battle".

26) You must completely resolve one effect before moving on to the next.  So if you use Ravenous Hunger, you must finish using it before you can play Rally Cry.  This means you cannot rout a flesh ripper, use Rally cry to stand it up, and rout it again.  So between this and my post earlier about it, you can't do this :)

27) Yes, you can do this.

29) You can choose not to pay to move through the portal, in order to only consider spaces adjacent to the contested area.  If you don't pay for the portal, you don't have to consider any spaces on the other side of other portals.

#29 The Death

The Death

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

Thanks a lot Sigmazero! as usual this is really helpfull!!!

best regards

#30 The Death

The Death

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:56 PM

31 what happens if you play coerción and already have 4 héroes? do you choose one to desert you?

best regards!

#31 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

31) If you gain a hero and already are at your maximum, then one of them will desert you - you choose which one.  Any items that hero had will be discarded (not left in the area).  Captain of the Heroes' Guild will not stop this desertion, either.

(NOTE: CotHG doesn't block Coersion, either).

#32 The Death

The Death

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:11 AM

Thanks Sigma! here is another question questions we had during our last game on friday.

32) What happens if you have a land with 3 áreas next to it, onw with enemies, one with neutral units and an empty one. In yor land you have allied neutral units and an opponent plays spread discnet, forcing you to retreat your neutrals.

Do you have to retreat them to the empty área losing their control? (this is what we ruled since it was the only space where you could retreat "your unints" losing them afterwards)

can youretreat them to the área with neutrals?

best regards and thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS