Using the Skywatcher

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

For a game based on a group of bounty hunters (semi-respectable types), I was looking at the Skywatcher-class scout from Beyond the Rim as the starting ship. I allow this as the IPKC should allow Restricted items.

I was going to change Passengers to 6 (prisoners) and do away with the extra droid complement, and that raises my question:

Does raising the Skywatcher's Encumbrance Capacity from 50 to either 140 or 170 seem reasonable for dropping the complement of 12 droids? It works out to either 7.5 (for EC 140) or 10 (for EC 170) Encumbrance per droid.

My players will likely want to use such space for stowing speeder bikes and such. I'm still not quite sure how the ISB fit 10 passengers and 10 speeder bikes on this ship in the adventure, but such things tend to be ignored until the ship is in PC hands where it starts to matter.

Edited by HappyDaze, 16 February 2014 - 08:26 AM.

• Crimson Death likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#2 Crimson Death

Crimson Death

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

sounds like that is pretty fair.

#3 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Since those spaces are optimized for droid storage, I think I'm just going to go for EC 110 (50 base plus 60 for removing the twelve droids). I don't want this thing having quite as much cargo capacity as many of the light freighters, especially since it benefits from being able to hold 18 people (granted, twelve of them in austere conditions and six as prisoners, but that's still a lot of people on a small ship) for up to one year.

#4 Crimson Death

Crimson Death

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

It's a long range scout vessel right? It probably pushes the limits of silhouette 4. Did you make your own floor plan?

#5 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

It's a long range scout vessel right? It probably pushes the limits of silhouette 4. Did you make your own floor plan?

Only on a napkin right now. :)

I'm going with a basic arrangement similar to the E-9 from Enter the Unknown. For crew accommodations I picture four cabins each with triple bunks (austere even for the 'captain', but if the ship is operating with less than the full twelve crew, the 'captain' is the one most likely to have empty bunks in his/her cabin) set along the outside wall. The two passenger cells are likewise set up. A single small cargo bay along with the port/starboard droid/cargo bays down below. Still working on it past that.

#6 Crimson Death

Crimson Death

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

Only on a napkin right now. :)

I'm going with a basic arrangement similar to the E-9 from Enter the Unknown. For crew accommodations I picture four cabins each with triple bunks (austere even for the 'captain', but if the ship is operating with less than the full twelve crew, the 'captain' is the one most likely to have empty bunks in his/her cabin) set along the outside wall. The two passenger cells are likewise set up. A single small cargo bay along with the port/starboard droid/cargo bays down below. Still working on it past that.

Yea that'll be pretty sweet. Just remember to put in an armory and a training room!

#7 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,629 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

After a little look at Specimen Containers, the group is going with a Loronar E-9 Explorer. Similar ship, but less conspicuous (it's not Restricted) and it doesn't need any house rules to strip out droid bays. It can carry up to eight crew/passengers - which is plenty if the prisoners can be put in Specimen Containers.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS