• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Death

The Death

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hello,

I have a quick question, when playing order cards with the same value the manual says that the player with most influence goes first. What happens for example in a 3 player game in this situation:

Player 1 plays strategize

Player 2 plays mobilize and has 3 influence

player 3 plays mobilize and has 2 influence

Player 1 with a tactic card or similar takes from player 2, 2 influence tokens leaving him with just 1 influence.

Does this make player 2 go after player 3 since he has less influence or is the playing order defined at the beggining of the season? We had this situation the other day with my friends and I told them I would ask here to see other group impressions.

Thanks!

#2 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

You look at the tiebreaker at the moment it's needed.  So in that situation, Player 3 would go before Player 2, because at the time you need to determine "who's next", Player 3 has the most influence.

Taken further, let's say you have a 4-player game, and all 4 players play Mobilize.  Player A has 4 influence, Player B has 3, Player C has 2, and Player D has 1.

Player A would go first.  He plays the card causing Player B to lose 2 influence (so we now have B=1, C=2, D=1).  As soon as Player A finishes his turn, we look at who's next.  C goes next because now he has the most influence of the tied players.  Let's say C plays a card that give Player B 1 influence.  After C's turn, B now has more than D, so he will be next.

I hope that helps.

#3 The Death

The Death

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

Thanks a lot! It does helps a lot!

#4 TheVoidStaresBack

TheVoidStaresBack

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

But isn't "order of play" determined immediately after the order cards are shown? I'm not trying to be difficult. Just trying to understand. I'm a very new player, so I don't want to start out doing it wrong.

I thought it was: resolve season card primary, resolve season card secondary, choose orders, reveal orders, determine order resolution sequence, resolve orders. The way you're describing it makes perfect sense. I just thought the order was determined prior to each players resolution.

#5 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

That's a good question, but no.  You'll have a basic idea of "order or play" based on the cards shown, but you don't actually determine "who's next" until the current player finishes his turn.  Having influence change during the turn can potentially change who is the next player.

For example, on page 13 of the revised rules (I'd have to see where it is in the original) is an example of order of play.  Two players play #3 Conquer, one plays #1 Strategize.  Strategize goes first without checking influence, but it isn't until Step 6 of the example (after the Strategize player goes) that the influence of the other two players is checked to determine who goes next.

• TheVoidStaresBack likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS