Improved armor master question.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LordBritish

LordBritish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Am I correct to assume that taking it in gadgeteer gives me a defence bonus to both ranged and melee or is it just one of my chosing? Normally I assumed if it wasn't more exact in the expanded talent explanation, such as in jury rigged, it would apply to both.

#2 Lathrop

Lathrop

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Yes, its gives both ranged and melee defense. So does any armor that has points in defense but doesn't outright specify if it only applies to one thing specifically.

#3 Crimson Death

Crimson Death

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

It's to both melee and ranged defense.

What constitutes 2 soak armor though? Superior armored clothing? I get an extra soak when wearing any armor. Does it apply then?

#4 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

What constitutes 2 soak armor though? Superior armored clothing? I get an extra soak when wearing any armor. Does it apply then?

You can get extra total soak through Armor Master, but you don't raise the soak of the armor itself. So no on the wearing any armor.

I would allow the superior armored clothing, though. Soak 2 is soak 2.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#5 LordBritish

LordBritish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

That was going to be my next question actually, though it's already answered... Guess the mountaineer gear needs a overhaul!

Thanks for the quick responces!

Edited by LordBritish, 15 February 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#6 Crimson Death

Crimson Death

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

You can get extra total soak through Armor Master, but you don't raise the soak of the armor itself. So no on the wearing any armor.

I would allow the superior armored clothing, though. Soak 2 is soak 2.

Yea that's the way we've been playing it. Superior Armored Clothing has a soak of 2. Heavy Clothing has a soak of 1 + 1 from just wearing any armor is 2 but the actual armor doesn't have 2 soak.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS