Lieutenant packs, where to start?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

It would also make the support style classes obsolete, instead of players picking a support class they would instead just pick a strong damage dealing and just dual class into the support roles. Id immagine some of the combinations the heroes could come up with would totally decimate the overlords chances of winning.

That said, it could be an idea for a new campaign to implement something similar to your ideas. Atleast in this way it could be done in a much more controlled fashion. For example as a quert reward the heroes or overlord could pick up an ability.

Your idea of the plot cards being quest rewards would also mean FFG would need to go back in time and rewrite certain quests, not sure how they would do that :P They could certainly toy with some sort of similar idea in future campaign expansions however.

#22 Ser Folly

Ser Folly

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

I like lady Eliza Farrow's abilities and as I only wanted to buy into one or two lieutenants ... is her Plot Deck any good?

Some seem to be quite specific...

Descent - Star Wars LCG - Netrunner - X-Wing - Arkham Horror - Elder Sign - Battlestar Galactica - Warhammer: Diskwars - Kingsburg - Edge of the Empire - Civilization - Bloodbowl Teammanager - Rune Age - Letters from Whitechapel - Cadwallon - Lord of the Rings LCG ... looks like I love FFG stuff :huh:

#23 Bladen

Bladen

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

I dont like Eliza Farrows plot deck... My favourite deck is Alric farrow and Valyndra. But I have all basic decks without splig and also I have Valyndra.

#24 Whitewing

Whitewing

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

I've been having a ton of fun in LoR with Baron Zachareth's plot deck, it's really very strong.

#25 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

Merric Farrows card that causes an automatic miss once per quest before dice are rolled just saved my ass yesterday and turned what could have been a loss for the overlord into a win =D Very good card to have as a lot of games can come down to the line like this.

#26 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:33 AM

I wanted to buy my first two lieutenant packs for core set and after some reading I choose Splig and Belthir.

Is it a good choice? I want to have just two of them for now.

They all rock, imo though I like Sir Alric.  He is a bit of an all rounder with monster buffs and is a powerful agent on the board.  Overrun can really break up the heroes position.  His plot cards can be purchased based on needs and the flow of the game.

Valyndra has a power hitting deck as well.

In stating those facts, I like Splig for the fun factor.  Belthir is a little less favorable because he constrains me to use Basic I.

#27 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

I like lady Eliza Farrow's abilities and as I only wanted to buy into one or two lieutenants ... is her Plot Deck any good?

Some seem to be quite specific...

Eliza's was the first plot deck I've used, and it's not bad. It's certainly not the best of the plot decks, but there are some pretty nice cards in the set (like Nighttime Hunt or Bad Dreams).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS