Photo

Everything is Cool When You're Part of a Team!

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#101 Dex Vulen

Dex Vulen

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

We plan on having our characters run until they take one to many blaster bolts, or get snapped in half by a Rancor.  Eventually we will either side with the Rebellion, or the Empire, and go from there.  None of us are in a hurry to 'move into AoR' and just want the story to play out.  We still have a ways to go before we tap out of EotE material.  Heck, I can even see us running EotE all the way up to F&D before we even 'move into AoR'.

Proud Member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#102 Liloki

Liloki

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

Barring character death I don't foresee any outright re-rolling. In our last between-season Session 0, the group all got on board with doing the Stop the Big Bad overarching plot. So that EotE campaign is set to conclude that arc after 50-60 sessions. Seeing as we're about to play the 23rd session tonight, I'm fairly certain we'll see an AoR spec added to at least one of the team.

My current plans are to start a second campaign this Summer that is purely AoR.

Episode recaps of my ongoing EotE game: https://plus.google....771928262/posts

#103 swiftdraw

swiftdraw

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

Nope. Going to get it and incorporate some of the stuff from it (mass combat, AT-AT and the A-wing are definitly going to be a thing), but there isn't going to be an AoR campaign. Niether my players or myself are big into the Rebels or the Force, so they're probably not going to be a central focus in any of our campaigns.

• Seiito likes this

#104 Rupenink

Rupenink

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

My Human Smuggler/Thief was killed in a shoot out with bounty hunters in the final session of our Edge campaign last night and you guys have been giving me a few ideas as to what to play next, so thanks.

The next part of our campaign involves us working alongside/joining the rebellion so I may play a rebel and one other might retire his character. From what I've read in the beta the rebel commando seems pretty good. 

• Seiito likes this

#105 Hysteria

Hysteria

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

The group I GM for has a pretty decent composition:

Male Human mechanic who really wants to start becoming a demolitionist. 

Male Human scoundrel/pilot

Female Chiss big game hunter who is lethal towards her adversaries

Male Human assassin/Force-sensitive who likes his vibro-ax

Male Trandoshan medic who is addicted to pretty much everything. 

We're in a bit of a transition right now, since we lost our Droid bounty hunter to a particularly nasty adversary. We'll see what else he comes up with. 

• Seiito likes this

#106 The Burning Princess

The Burning Princess

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

Our Group

Female Human - Smuggler(Scoundrel) - Our Captain, Pilot and Negotiations
Female Human - Explorer(Scout/Force Sensitive Exile) - Our Sniper 
Male Human - Bounty Hunter(Gadgeteer) - Our Muscle and Mechanic
* Female Arkanian Offshoot - Bounty Hunter(Assassin) - Stealth and Computers

* My Character.

• Seiito likes this
“We are shackled gods. It is not others that restrain our potential
but ourselves. We shackle ourselves because we know what we dream
ourselves to be and fear it.”

#107 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:17 AM

https://it-s-all-in-....com/characters

Our group.

• MonCalamariAgainstDrunkDriving, FootNote and iandimitri like this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#108 Liloki

Liloki

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

When a Cowboy Bebop reference was made last week, one of the other players then said that would make the drall slicer their version of Ein

Episode recaps of my ongoing EotE game: https://plus.google....771928262/posts

#109 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

Don't know how many use Obsidian Portal for their campaigns, a few of you I'd imagine by the stats on the site.  It's pretty cool if you don't use it.

https://it-s-all-in-....com/characters

• iandimitri likes this

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#110 shupface

shupface

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:35 AM

Reynard Kitsune, Bothan street-rat trying to make it as a bounty hunter (me)

Kitty Politico, Twilek noble sold into slavery by treacherous sister

What's-his-name (I forget his real name), Human computer genius with a gambling problem

Triel, former mushroom farmer turned criminal low-life

Lowriik, Wookie NPC (owes us a life debt)

R2-XJ, astromech droid

I love the idea of having guests use the NPC's as characters to join the fun! I'm totally going to invite people to play the Wookie for a session.

#111 Ecaza

Ecaza

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

My player's group consists of a Human Bounty Hunter/Gadgeteer, a Human Hired Gun/Mercenary Soldier, a Twi'lek Smuggler/Thief/Scoundrel and a Human Smuggler/Pilot/Mechanic.  We have a Klatooinian Bounty Hunter/Assassin who plays with us from time to time.  The party also recently picked up two tween twin Twi'lek slave girl NPCs that they were unsure what to do with.  Most of the PCs are very much opposed to slavery, which is why they ended up with the girls in the first place, but they haven't been able to find a suitable place to drop them off.  The general consensus at this point is that they are going to train them as techs/mechanics to teach them a useful trade.  I've been letting the kids add a bonus die to Mechanics rolls as they can do scut labor like hand someone tools or hold a light, etc.

Lax child labor laws for the win!

I've been running a ported over Galaxy Guide 6/Minos Cluster campaign.  I've modded it to take into account that the PCs are not terribly interested in being Rebels, but have no problem making a profit off of them.   Their ship is a mostly stock YT-2400 freighter.  It's light on modifications because I've been trying to keep them on lean offerings so they can get a sense of how economically depressed the Minos Cluster is.  To encourage them to come up with their own jobs, I make sure they get paid poorly when they're doing jobs for others and hand out bigger XP and credit rewards when they act like criminals and rough folks.  ;)

Edited by Ecaza, 11 May 2014 - 04:08 PM.

• Seiito likes this

#112 BroodyGambit

BroodyGambit

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

Just started a new group.

In it I play a wookiee demolitionist. I am one of the better combat characters and I double as the mechanic/technician/driver.

The next guy is a Bothan Thief. He mostly finds information and is useful for stealth.

We also have a correllian pilot (obviously). He is fairly smart so he can navigate in addition to fly the ship.

Lastly we have a trandoshan Merc Soldier. He pretty much is straight combat with several leadership abilities to help everyone (except the wookiee) out.

We have a fifth member, but he missed the first game and still needs to make a character.

• Seiito likes this

#113 Dex Vulen

Dex Vulen

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

Our Rodian Pilot who does swoop and speeder races in his down time, rolled a Triumph when chattin it up with some security personnel on a space station we went to.  He has a decent sized fanboi section on that ship and got stuck doing some autographs after our last session.   :lol:

• kaosoe and 2P51 like this

Proud Member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#114 TXRyanLee

TXRyanLee

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:54 AM

I GM for my sister and her group of friends. An all-girl group of "Property Relocation Experts"

I run their NPC pilot, Zabrina, a Corellian smuggler scoundrel. She mostly stays on the ship and tools around. She's their backup, in case anything goes wrong. So far, they haven't needed her help.

My sister plays A'lira, a twi'lek smuggler scoundrel, but she's looking forward to becoming an entertainer once they're released. A'lira's a gambler and bought her freedom from her Hutt owner by winning a sabaac championship, but he reneged and now she's listed as an escaped slave and owes a debt to her former master. She took her winnings and bailed.

Stacey plays Zubra, a human hired gun. Zub's has contacts with the Rebellion and she'll do jobs for them, for a price. She's constantly upgrading her weapons or trying to acquire new ones.

Lanie plays a 14 year old twi'lek Driver named Chikka, also known as "Chik". Chik is addicted to speed and wants to be a pod racer when she's older. For now, it's practice, practice, practice. Lanie used a sketch she saw of twi'lek girl with short lekku and kept the small lekku idea. She says they'll grow out when she's older.

Their ship is a YT-1930 named Crimson Clover (or Crimson n' Clover) - they argue about the name. Zabrina wears a green synth-leather jacket with a green clover with red edging. Zabrina flies, Zubra fires the guns, Chikka fixes what gets broken.

• Liloki, Dex Vulen, kaosoe and 1 other like this
Victory Valkyries - Property Relocation Experts
Zabrina: Corellian Pilot of the "Crimson Clover" [YT-1930 Freighter] - A'lira: Twi'lek 'Gambler' and Entertainer
Zubra: Human Mercenary Soldier - Chikka "Chik": Twi'lek Driver

#115 shupface

shupface

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

Just started a new group.

In it I play a wookiee demolitionist. I am one of the better combat characters and I double as the mechanic/technician/driver.

The next guy is a Bothan Thief. He mostly finds information and is useful for stealth.

We also have a correllian pilot (obviously). He is fairly smart so he can navigate in addition to fly the ship.

Lastly we have a trandoshan Merc Soldier. He pretty much is straight combat with several leadership abilities to help everyone (except the wookiee) out.

We have a fifth member, but he missed the first game and still needs to make a character.

How do the wookie and the trando get along?

#116 BroodyGambit

BroodyGambit

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Not very well, we were hired separately so we kind of grin and bear it in the spirit of professionalism. The person who is playing the Trando took some leadership talents and skill so he keeps addressing himself as the leader of the group and I keep discrediting/insubordinate him. I also go out of the way to not help him, like not repairing his items or giving him grenades when we are about to do a breach attack. He is also equally antagonistic to me. We keep kill counts and act very similar to Gimli/Legolas.

Edited by BroodyGambit, 15 May 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#117 shupface

shupface

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

We keep kill counts and act very similar to Gimli/Legolas.

Except that Gimli and Legolas actually start to like each other?

• Seiito likes this

#118 BroodyGambit

BroodyGambit

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

Who knows where our adventure will lead?

#119 Madcap

Madcap

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Current Party (around 135xp)

Nerf Herder- modified Ghtroc 720 freighter

Oroco-Human Bounty Hunter (Assassin)

Vicara-Bothan Hired Gun (Mercenary)

Navarre-Wookie Hired Gun (Marauder)

Lyeia-Twi'lek Smuggler (Thief)

Pashon Girrard-Human [Alderaanian] Technician (Mechanic) with some military training (ex-Imp)

It is a bit combat heavy.  Before Pashon, they had a Rodian Explorer (Driver).  He and the thief were the noncomms of the party.  The Rodian left the party to study under a Jedi in exile. 

With the loss of the main pilot, space encounters are a little more touch-and-go.  But with modifications, the Nerf Herder is a space turtle.  It can take some abuse before being in serious trouble.

• Seiito likes this

STAR WARS COLLECTOR

X-WING-Rebels: X-Wing [3], Y-Wing [1], B-Wing [1]. Empire: TIE/ln[4], Firespray [2].

RPG: AoR, EotE, SoF, JoY, EtU, DC.

#120 FootNote

FootNote

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

Pets seem pretty uncommon. My group recently lost its robodog, he got blasted in zero-gravity by a squad of stormtroopers.

Pets are my goal! Well, something like that. Planning on getting the K9 droid from EtU as my personal pet/partner.

Once I get my own ship, I plan on having little droids all over the place rather than crewers.

"Everything Flows down leash...." -Anonymous 

FootNote's Custom Droids

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS