Photo

Everything is Cool When You're Part of a Team!

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#41 Darth Ferrum

Darth Ferrum

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Alright, for the game that I am a part of and not just GMing, I found the game is quite a bit of fun from both sides. So here is the group that I play in, not GM.

Chuundar: technician/outlaw tech. This is me and no, I am not inventive with names. Uses a bowcaster which is being modded often. Repairs the ship, does astrogation. Saved from slavery by Ooryl in the backstory, now owes him a life debt. Subtlety is dirty word to his ears as he hijacks a dewback and runs it through a market square, all in the name of "playing it cool".

Ooryl: Gand hired gun/marauder/FSE. Very tough, very ethical Gand. Very against the Empire. Speaks like the Hanaar from Mass Effect. Is the technical owner of our ship.

Myth: Chiss bounty hunter/assassin. Myth is short for some silly long, unpronounceable Chiss name. Likes to shoot things with big guns. Was exiled from Csilla for violations of military doctrine. Is currently kicking himself for throwing his lot in with us.

KR1-3G3R: droid colonist/doctor. Yes he is a doctor and he is named Krieger. He is actually a reactivated IG-100 series droid that was loaded up with medical knowledge by Jawas before being stolen by the party's archaeologist. Unfortunately, bedsidemanner.exe is actually combat mode.

Dr. Jones: human explorer/archaeologist. This is my favorite character in our group. Wanted for grave robbing. Is always on the hunt for more "relics". Always claims to be hunting for relics. Has a tendency to scream "It belongs in a museum!" whenever we steal stuff. Consequently, he also named our ship "The Museum". Funny how many things belong in a museum...

Our ship: Ghtroc 720 light freighter named "The Museum" because everything is a relic and it belongs in a museum. Ship is old and reliable so long as you don't touch the duck tape panels, gum in the corner or caulking on the windows. We already need a new transponder and we can never go back to Rodia.

• Liloki, CrunchyDemon, Dex Vulen and 1 other like this

"We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero" - Wash

#42 BlackCross5

BlackCross5

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

I'm the GM of our group, which consists of:

Adran Cormus (Human Male, Hired Gun [Mercenary Soldier]) - An Imperial ex-officer whose aggressive attitude and attempts at leadership have caused a few problems for the crew. But he's loyal enough, it seems.

Carrick Reece (Human Male, Bounty Hunter [Gadgeteer]) - A Mandalorian who's search for his family armour carried him into the service of the infamous Vago the Hutt. From there, Carrick met the crew and joined them when it was suggested that Vago would not only fail to pay him, but would very likely attempt to have him killed.

Denma Hawat (Human Female, Smuggler [Thief]) - A skilled thief who found herself indebted to Vago the Hutt, after the crime lord helped her evade capture by the ISB (in a rare display of charity). Teaming up with Carrick, she was sent to find the crew of the Crimson Hawk - but ended up joining them when she and Carrick changed sides.

Eraan Churek (Gand Male, Technician [Outlaw Tech]) - A Gand whose naivity caused him to be captured and convicted by the Empire. Escaping from their custody by sheer luck, Eraan then offered his services to the crew of the Crimson Hawk in exchange for passage and sanctuary.

Hale Zephyrus (Human Male, Colonist [Doctor, Force-Sensitive Exile]) - A prominent doctor that left for the Outer Rim in order to help others, Hale has recently come to discover that he possesses an unnaturally potent sense that might well mark him as Force Sensitive. He hates the idea, and hides it from all around him.

Lancer Drayson (Human Male, Smuggler [Pilot]) - The infamous pirate Lancer Drayson is wanted by the Empire something fierce - and it looked like they might finally capture him, too, when his starship crashed into the Rorak 5 spacestation and he was locked up as a result. However, fortune provided him with an exit... and another starship, the Crimson Hawk, on which to sail.

(NPC) Leena (Twi'lek Female, Smuggler [Thief]) - Leena was once the prized dancing girl for the crime lord Vago the Hutt. But fortune allowed the Twi'lek to escape aboard the Crimson Hawk. Since becoming its unwitting captain, Leena has opened her ship up to others, who formed the basis for the crew as it stands today. The Twi'lek died a heroes death on Nar Shaddaa in the midst of a deadly firefight.

Lofwyroor (Wookiee Male, Hired Gun [Marauder]) - Deadly with his fists, the honourable Lofwyroor was used as a labourer by the Empire right up until the time when he escaped custody. He now travels the galaxy alongside the crew of the Hawk - but dreams of the day when he might deal a savage blow against the regime that destroyed the Wookiee culture.

Thorbin Droma (Human Male, Colonist [Politico]) - The son of an influential Imperial citizen, the journalist Thorbin Droma was disowned by his father when he started preaching about the barbarity of the Empire (truths that he discovered from determined research and crafty friends). Now he's on the run, since his father has placed a bounty on his head - and the Hawk seems like a good place to hide out, at least whilst he prepares for his next big story.

The Crimson Hawk (YT-1300 Freighter) - A starship that once belonged to reviled gangster Vago the Hutt, the Hawk was stolen from him by his escaped slave, Leena. When Leena's death was revealed to the Hutt, Vago demanded that the crew be brought to 'justice', and that the Hawk be returned to him at the same time.

And no mention of the major NPC who's been involved - Dai J'sai, one of Vago's chief enforcers and main couriers, a Twi'lek bounty hunter who may or may not be coming after the group on her boss' orders.

• Shakespearian_Soldier likes this

#43 strongarm85

strongarm85

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:16 AM

I'm usually the GM, but my group has recently picked up a second GM who can take over duties from time to time, which means I get to play every once in a while!

I started the group off playing through a Beyond the Rim as a and we've gone several sessions post Beyond the Rim as well.

Characters:

Sellus (Bothan Scout/Force Sensitive Exile)

Sellus has been spending most of his experience so far in his force related talents, investing heavily into force trees. So far out of the nearly 300 experience about 250 of it has gone into all 3 force powers in the Core Rulebook and heavy investment in the Force Sensitive Exile tree, he's finally getting to the point where he's starting to look at investing in his skills though, since the enemies are becoming more challenging than his normal skill rolls can handle.

Archer (Human Bounty Hunter: Gadgeteer/Outlaw Tech)

Archer got a big payday at the end of Beyond the Rim, splitting a 30,000 Credit Payday with Sellus and making some extra money on the side. He managed to earn about 20,000 credits so far and he finally got around to spending all of it on kitting out his personal Gear. His X-30 Lancer all of it's available hard points in use and it is a proper monster of a weapon once fully kitted, tinkered, and Jury Rigged. He's also sporting composite armor, kitted and modded out, and a Personal Shield Generator, and he has a fondness for GLOMP Grenades, and he has a Jetpack.

Aola (Twi'lek Smuggler: Pilot/Scoundrel)

Aola is a newer addition to the team, she's an excellent pilot, and is effectively the main face character of the group, at least for now. She has an addiction obligation to Booster Blue.

Arn Antilles (Human Hired Gun: Marauder)

Arn Antilles is also a newer addition to the group. He uses a Force Pike and he's always ready to fight Imperials. Being from Alderaan, he is an angry young man looking to lash out and lay down some hurt on the Empire.

Vuko Lido (Rodian Technician/Slicer)

Another newer addition to the group, Vuko managed an escape from Kessel. He suffers a from Paranoia and wants to maintain his freedom.

Nogrum Fiddlewan (Drall Colonist: Politico)

My character, Nogrum is a fast talking Conman ready to take everyone for a ride.

• Seiito likes this

#44 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

I'm the GM of our group, which consists of:

Adran Cormus (Human Male, Hired Gun [Mercenary Soldier]) - An Imperial ex-officer whose aggressive attitude and attempts at leadership have caused a few problems for the crew. But he's loyal enough, it seems.

Carrick Reece (Human Male, Bounty Hunter [Gadgeteer]) - A Mandalorian who's search for his family armour carried him into the service of the infamous Vago the Hutt. From there, Carrick met the crew and joined them when it was suggested that Vago would not only fail to pay him, but would very likely attempt to have him killed.

Denma Hawat (Human Female, Smuggler [Thief]) - A skilled thief who found herself indebted to Vago the Hutt, after the crime lord helped her evade capture by the ISB (in a rare display of charity). Teaming up with Carrick, she was sent to find the crew of the Crimson Hawk - but ended up joining them when she and Carrick changed sides.

Eraan Churek (Gand Male, Technician [Outlaw Tech]) - A Gand whose naivity caused him to be captured and convicted by the Empire. Escaping from their custody by sheer luck, Eraan then offered his services to the crew of the Crimson Hawk in exchange for passage and sanctuary.

Hale Zephyrus (Human Male, Colonist [Doctor, Force-Sensitive Exile]) - A prominent doctor that left for the Outer Rim in order to help others, Hale has recently come to discover that he possesses an unnaturally potent sense that might well mark him as Force Sensitive. He hates the idea, and hides it from all around him.

Lancer Drayson (Human Male, Smuggler [Pilot]) - The infamous pirate Lancer Drayson is wanted by the Empire something fierce - and it looked like they might finally capture him, too, when his starship crashed into the Rorak 5 spacestation and he was locked up as a result. However, fortune provided him with an exit... and another starship, the Crimson Hawk, on which to sail.

(NPC) Leena (Twi'lek Female, Smuggler [Thief]) - Leena was once the prized dancing girl for the crime lord Vago the Hutt. But fortune allowed the Twi'lek to escape aboard the Crimson Hawk. Since becoming its unwitting captain, Leena has opened her ship up to others, who formed the basis for the crew as it stands today. The Twi'lek died a heroes death on Nar Shaddaa in the midst of a deadly firefight.

Lofwyroor (Wookiee Male, Hired Gun [Marauder]) - Deadly with his fists, the honourable Lofwyroor was used as a labourer by the Empire right up until the time when he escaped custody. He now travels the galaxy alongside the crew of the Hawk - but dreams of the day when he might deal a savage blow against the regime that destroyed the Wookiee culture.

Thorbin Droma (Human Male, Colonist [Politico]) - The son of an influential Imperial citizen, the journalist Thorbin Droma was disowned by his father when he started preaching about the barbarity of the Empire (truths that he discovered from determined research and crafty friends). Now he's on the run, since his father has placed a bounty on his head - and the Hawk seems like a good place to hide out, at least whilst he prepares for his next big story.

The Crimson Hawk (YT-1300 Freighter) - A starship that once belonged to reviled gangster Vago the Hutt, the Hawk was stolen from him by his escaped slave, Leena. When Leena's death was revealed to the Hutt, Vago demanded that the crew be brought to 'justice', and that the Hawk be returned to him at the same time.

And no mention of the major NPC who's been involved - Dai J'sai, one of Vago's chief enforcers and main couriers, a Twi'lek bounty hunter who may or may not be coming after the group on her boss' orders.

Thought I'd leave that honour to you. Go ahead and introduce, detail and theorise. :-P Heh heh.

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#45 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

Today's noticings:

Not seeing many Rodians for some reason. Guess people keep shooting them first before they can become characters.

Seeing a lot of Bothan "faces."

Few doctors. Guess making holes in people is more favored than patching them.

Almost no scouts. :o

No one is married.

Our Doctor is a Rodian.... He never shoots first, but when he does, he does it with style. (He also has a nasty habit of using the ship's shuttle to reduce enemies to red mist.)

#46 Liloki

Liloki

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Today's noticings:

Not seeing many Rodians for some reason. Guess people keep shooting them first before they can become characters.

Seeing a lot of Bothan "faces."

Few doctors. Guess making holes in people is more favored than patching them.

Almost no scouts. :o

No one is married.

I now want to make a Rodian Doctor who is married to a Bothan Scout who travel together around the galaxy in the Star Wars equivalent of Doctors Without Borders.

• exseraph, kaosoe and Seiito like this

Episode recaps of my ongoing EotE game: https://plus.google....771928262/posts

#47 HiroKedyn

HiroKedyn

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

Our Doctor is a Rodian.... He never shoots first, but when he does, he does it with style. (He also has a nasty habit of using the ship's shuttle to reduce enemies to red mist.)

Wow, he's the exact opposite of our doctor. Not only does our doctor shoot first and to hell with the questions, he's also murdered an innocent npc in broad daylight. Hmmm, I wonder why his obligation is wanted. Our last game was the first time that he has refrained from just killing the people we can get info from and boy did that come back to haunt us. That job would have been so much easier if we had just killed the freaking droids instead of trying to help out and get info from them.

• UHF likes this

#48 BlackCross5

BlackCross5

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Wow, he's the exact opposite of our doctor. Not only does our doctor shoot first and to hell with the questions, he's also murdered an innocent npc in broad daylight. Hmmm, I wonder why his obligation is wanted. Our last game was the first time that he has refrained from just killing the people we can get info from and boy did that come back to haunt us. That job would have been so much easier if we had just killed the freaking droids instead of trying to help out and get info from them.

Your doctor wouldn't be named "Holliday," would he?  Or "Huckleberry?"

#49 BlackCross5

BlackCross5

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

Thought I'd leave that honour to you. Go ahead and introduce, detail and theorise. :-P Heh heh.

Um...she's madly in love with one of the PCs and will DEFINATELY NOT be KILLING any of them when she catches up to the group...right?

...meesa thinkin' weesa all gonna die.

• Shakespearian_Soldier likes this

#50 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Lol You're a crazy man, BlackCross5.

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#51 HiroKedyn

HiroKedyn

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Your doctor wouldn't be named "Holliday," would he?  Or "Huckleberry?"

No, it's Gavin, but I do believe he has said "I'll be your Huckleberry" as he shot someone in the face, this person might have actually deserved it. For some reason if he acts like a reasonable sane person... or Givin, and we try to come up with a plan and work the problem out, it ends up going poorly. If he just goes crazy and decides killing and explosives are the way to go, we win and prosper. I guess our doctor is trying to cure people of the disease known as life.

#52 CrunchyDemon

CrunchyDemon

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

"Fixer", Gand Gadgeteer, Force Sensitive Emergent - Findsman and techie, fixes things and shoots things with a Heavy Blaster Rifle (or LBR-9 Stun Rifle), possible Glitterstim addict, wants to be able see the future and find people far away.  Likes wearing a Jetpack. Frequently trips on Glitterstim and dances around the captain's cabin in his undies doing cave paintings (claims to be "communing with the Mists").

Tameron, Human Bodyguard, Force Sensitive Exile - all around combat monkey, former Imperial Shadowguard, has an Orange Lightsaber and a sweet looking suit of armor.  Very good at jumping from high places without getting hurt and looking badass when he lands.  Refuses to use a standard character sheet.

"Chuck", Wookie Marauder, Force Sensitive Exile - damage sponge, Vibro-axe combat monkey, took Force Sensitive only for combat bonuses.  Currently being pimped by the group in the arena on The Wheel, possible contender for champion.

Wyrrlok, Twi'lek Scoundrel - Obsessed (literally, as in the Obligation) with credits.  Flies the ship, shoots things, wants to buy a Citadel freighter and engage in piracy, wears a Jetpack, dual wields disruptor pistols, loves stroking his head tails, frequently uses our medical droid, "Cherry-2000" for purely medical purposes.

EG-17, Droid Assassin, shoots things from very far away with exploding bullets, very scary to look at, wears a cool cloak, Does not know the Gadgeteer rigged him with a restraining bolt.

"Rancor" Willy, Human Survivalist, only played partially for one game, has a beard, drinks his own piss.

Ship:  Pudgy Rancor II, YT-2400, has guns and everyone in the group sucks at shooting them.  Frequently gets its hyperdrive messed with by NPCs, often hit by the Gadgeteer's wrench.  Has a captain's cabin flooded with amonia, oddly smells like feet.

Edited by CrunchyDemon, 20 February 2014 - 05:28 PM.

• Dex Vulen and Seiito like this

Proud member of the Gand Anti-Defamation League.

#53 Talisker55

Talisker55

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

I am GM and my group of players/mass murderers:

Female Rodian Politico, talker of the group

Male Wookie Mechanic, basically a mute.

An IG-147 droid; option 1, kill, option 2 kill, option 3 take a trophy, option 4 kill. Major issues here.

Male Gand thief, bucking the findsman tradition. The only one with any kind of moral compass.

Their solutions to problems are absolutely hilarious, but their actions are going to come back to bite them here shortly.
  • Seiito likes this

Rebels 7 X-wings, 5 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 4 B-wings, 3 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, GR-75, CR 90(p/o, 2 E-wings, 4 Z-95)

Imperials 12 TIE, 10 TIE/In, 6 TIE/B, 4 TIE/Adv, 3 Firespray-31, 2 Lambda, (Pre-Order, 2 TIE/D, 2 TIE/P)

#54 Shamrock

Shamrock

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

Group 1

187- Droid Assassin

Preek - Rodian M Slicer

Bart - Human M Smuggler

Bone- Bothan M Doc

Gershon- Twi'lek F Politico (Charm based- buffer)

This team was on the road to the rebellion before it was cool.  Preek being the only hold-out, but he knows where his bread is buttered, so he goes along for the ride.

Group 2

Raz' Loc Trando M Maruader

Gand (hasn't earned his name, nor first person speech yet)  M Scout

Boz - Bothan M Politico (Deception/coercion based- hexer/debuffer).

This team is under the employ of Tanda the Hutt, obviously prior to the Zhnn Consortium kidnapping. (Shhh!)

• Seiito likes this

Be well,

Sham

#55 Shamrock

Shamrock

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

For all the GMs out there, do you also play characters in the party?

My GM prefers not to, speaking through characters "in" the party when needed but not deciding what the party will do.

I don't!  I have enough going on without adding another "NPC" to the mix.  I don't even see where that would be fun.

Be well,

Sham

#56 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

My GM prefers not to, speaking through characters "in" the party when needed but not deciding what the party will do.

I've had as many as three NPC regulars in the group. Currently one has quit the group (in utter disgust over the group's decision to enter the slave trade) and another is being held as a hostage by a Hutt to ensure the PCs' compliance. The last is a droid technician (mechanic) that is almost the mouthpiece of the group's ship.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#57 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Doctor assisted homicide?

#58 InOzWeTrust

InOzWeTrust

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

The game I play.

Gadgeteer Mandalorian - Tries to tank but takes 4 crits per fight.

Assassin Human - Mommy issues and has betrayed the party on 2 occasions.

Outlaw Tech Human - Only character who knows about the betrayals. Big fan of vehicle modifications.

Doctor Twilek - Wants to be face basically Mother Theresa.

Politico Human - Actual face. Wants to "fix" everyone in the party to be more noble.

Scoundrel Droid - Commando droid from Clone Wars on deep cover operation with memory wipe.

The game I run.

Wookie Marauder - Life debt owed to Trandoshan NPC, surprisingly face oriented.

Chiss Archaeologist/Force Sensitive - Scouring the outer rim for Jedi artifacts to learn the force, all her credits go to fixing an ancient and severely under powered Lightsaber (Vibrosword).

Toydarian Outlaw Tech - Doesn't intimidate, doesn't negotiate, doesn't charm, doesn't shoot. Still love everything about the character.

• Seiito likes this

#59 Castlecruncher

Castlecruncher

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

I learned not to the hard way.

The first time, I was a player for a new group that had started up. The GM had a player to 'guve us guidance,' but him and another player made plans that really stole the thunder from the rest of the group, making his character a king with a super death weapon. It was mainly from that being his first game, but it's a good message as to GM PCs.

The second time was one of my own games, except instead of having a full blown character, I moreover just had a permanent NPC. However, he was very overpowered and I had him always help another player to the downfall of the others. This was my first real game, though, so like the above it was an honest beginner's mistake.

The third was also an NPC, this time more mellow and just a pivot point of the game. It was Star Wars, and I had two players (the GM from the first one and the preferred player from the second). I started out by using a provided map and having the players be on Endor during some point of Legacy so I wouldn't have to conform to the Rebellion at all (I was less informed of that time period back then, and the book didn't help at all), and they got a ship with an Ithorian owner that let them stick with him as a reward for getting him an engine part. I added a few more NPCs, who were more of assets than PCs. It was more successful, and put up my personal precedent for NPCs.

Beyond that, I just have followers with my group to keep them in check so they don't take me down unexpected roads with little planning. When that happens, I make brash decisions and get them killed and maimed on accident. When it's all my fault entirely for not planning out an important scene I normally take it back. When they decide to board an enemy ship rather than escapes silly escape it, I let them loose an arm and a leg (which actually happened; Stormies overwhelmed them and now one of them has a cybernetic while the other has a metal leg bone).

Edited by Castlecruncher, 23 February 2014 - 05:44 PM.

• Seiito likes this

#60 Maelora

Maelora

• Members
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

Yes, I created a sidekick character for our new Archaeologist/BGH. She's really just a kid, with a smattering of skills and just brings a perky attitude more than heavy firepower or plot direction. It's fun to have a 'voice' in the party, as long as I don't steer things for them.

I hope to still play my Space Weasel some day.
  • kaosoe and Seiito like this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS