• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 herkrieger

herkrieger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

Hi,

I have a question on the concussive weapon like the thunder hammer when the player struck a Force fields.

A concussive weapon only need to struck the player. But if the guy have a Force field. How work it for the concussive qualitites ? 

Ok for cancel the dommage of the hit, but a force field don't stop the concussive blast , no ? The sound, blast and all pleasure of a thunder hammer ?

Thanks.

(Sorry for my english)

#2 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

A field save is a negated hit. Special qualities only apply when damage is dealt.

#3 herkrieger

herkrieger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

are you sure ?

Because other qualities explain that the hit need damage. But in concussive (in French Version and English version) the qualitie explain only need to Stuck the target (no word on a wound for the stun, only for the kick down).

And I find logical, because the strike blast with sound wabe/explosion or all other fun stuff. (After, with 2D10+9 .. I think we always wound the target ^^.

(Sorry again for my english).

#4 Calgor Grim

Calgor Grim

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

Whether it is on hit or damage the point remains. The field negates the hit in full, the weapon never touches you to do damage. You could presume that the field also negates the concussive effect which the weapon causes.

The weapons English description says "when struck by..." same as Deathwatch rules which means it has to hit you, not damage. Additional the rules for force fields states in their main description:

If the result is lower than or equal to the field’s protection rating, the attack is nullified and has no effect on the protected character (although the attack may have an impact on the character’s surroundings or other nearby characters, such as weapons with the Blast Quality).

Basically meaning that you shrug it and any negative effects off from it entirely. So if you are hit with a concussive weapon, even though it's enough to trigger the concussive special rule, the rules for Force Fields overrides. Of course at GM discretion they could ignore this depending what struck the character and the type of forcefield. 

Edited by Calgor Grim, 16 February 2014 - 02:54 AM.

Loyal Missionary Father Grim of the Kingston 293rd Storm Troopers

#5 BrotharTearer

BrotharTearer

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

When I say "when damage is dealt" I mean when damage is applied versus soak. It doesn't imply you have to wound someone. Doing 1 damage vs 1000 AP and 100 T, you still deal damage, but it doesn't wound someone.

You only do damage when a hit is not negated by a force field and when someone does not evade it.

• Tenebrae likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS