I'm planning a sequence in our campaign that's based around a cantina in a setting like that from the film Casablanca, and I'm trying to figure out what planet would fit the bill.
Here's what I'm looking for:
- a waystation for refugees fleeing the Empire trying to reach the Outer Rim
- somewhere the Empire doesn't have total control, but could land a garrison to harass people
- somewhere you could have a large expatriate community of people who have fled the Imperial occupation of their homeworld or culture
- possibly at an intersection of major hyperspace lanes
- not too central but not too far in the Outer Rim either
I'm thinking of something in the Mid Rim, where people could get stranded on their way away from the Empire.
Possibly Allanteen, or Harrin, or Kinyen.