Casablanca Planet?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

I'm planning a sequence in our campaign that's based around a cantina in a setting like that from the film Casablanca, and I'm trying to figure out what planet would fit the bill.

Here's what I'm looking for:

• a waystation for refugees fleeing the Empire trying to reach the Outer Rim
  • somewhere the Empire doesn't have total control, but could land a garrison to harass people
  • somewhere you could have a large expatriate community of people who have fled the Imperial occupation of their homeworld or culture
  • possibly at an intersection of major hyperspace lanes
  • not too central but not too far in the Outer Rim either

Any ideas?

I'm thinking of something in the Mid Rim, where people could get stranded on their way away from the Empire.

Possibly Allanteen, or Harrin, or Kinyen.

Thanks!

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#2 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

The galaxy is a huge space, with plenty of room to make up a planet.
  • Col. Orange and Doc, the Weasel like this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#3 R2builder

R2builder

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

The galaxy is a huge space, with plenty of room to make up a planet.

What, make up a planet!? You can't mess Canon like that!! If it is not in the published materials, you can't add anything to the game like that!! What Jedi was born on the planet 2,000 years ago, how many Jedi did the Mandalorians kill there 1,000 years ago. What battles from the Clone Wars were fought there?? When does the Anti-force organic ship Yuvan Vong things invade this planet and terraform it??? There are just way too many consequences and thinks to think about for someone to just arbitrarily and indiscriminately add planets. What about the gravitational effects on the Galactic Rotation.

These things have consequences you have not and can not plan on!!! How will it fit into Episode 7!?

:)

Go with Korbin in the outer rim. Awesome little out of the way planet. True anarchy there. Or you could always just make up a planet...

Edited by R2builder, 15 February 2014 - 03:26 AM.

• That Blasted Samophlange, NicoDavout and Maelora like this

Please check out our group and leave comments at: https://edge-of-the-...dianportal.com/

#4 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

There are plenty of worlds (about 150) in Bothan Space that might qualify. There are thousands of worlds in Hutt Space.

• Lord Zack likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#5 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

Tailfin Cantina in Bartyn's Landing.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#6 swheelock

swheelock

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

There are plenty of worlds (about 150) in Bothan Space that might qualify. There are thousands of worlds in Hutt Space.

These are both great options, as the Empire has unofficial agreements to be 'hands-off' in both regions, but must still maintain a presence there (and would likely flex its muscles every now and again to remind both parties who the real boss is). Both would also offer great opportunities for EotE-type work: Bothans trade in information, and you can't swing a mynock without hitting a criminal enterprise in Hutt space.

#7 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

Great idea! 

I am open to creating my own planet for the purpose, but this is the kind of info I was hoping for. Either Bothan or Hutt Space would make a great location for this kind of setting. Thanks!

#8 Atraangelis

Atraangelis

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

Zeltron....just north of corellia....

#9 NicoDavout

NicoDavout

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

I'd say take Starlyte Station from  Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy and expand it.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.

#10 Agatheron

Agatheron

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

What about the Wheel? Sounds like it'd fit the bill for me. It's also in Beyond the Rim.
  • Sturn likes this

Official Contributor: Age of Rebellion: Stay on Target

#11 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

What about the Wheel? Sounds like it'd fit the bill for me. It's also in Beyond the Rim.

I've been thinking about that, because it would definitely fit the bill in a lot of ways.

I think I may go a different route and create a planet for it, just because I'm planning to run Beyond the Rim in a different part of the campaign, so I'd like the section with the "Casablanca planet" to be a different location.

Still, though, it does fit a lot of what I need ....

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS