Combat Queries

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Nocturne

Dr. Nocturne

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

I was playing a thrilling game with "Into Ithilien" as our quest and was getting stuck on the third stage when "Enemies do not make engagement checks and cannot be optionally engaged".

I had built up 2 copies of Quick Strike in my hand and was wondering if I can play this to attack an enemy annoyingly stuck in the staging area. My first thought is no. Answer?

Next I was wondering if I play a card (ex. Foe-Hammer) that makes me exhaust a weapon attachment I control does that attachment still have it's affect on the character or is it considered useless until refreshed?

Kinda feel dumb asking these questions, haha! Just want to make sure I'm not fudging any games. 

CHEERS!

#2 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

I had built up 2 copies of Quick Strike in my hand and was wondering if I can play this to attack an enemy annoyingly stuck in the staging area. My first thought is no. Answer?

No, it allows you to do a normal combat attack.. just out of turn order.. all normal combat rules apply.

Next I was wondering if I play a card (ex. Foe-Hammer) that makes me exhaust a weapon attachment I control does that attachment still have it's affect on the character or is it considered useless until refreshed?

Yes, the tapping of the attachment as a cost is a limiter so you can not drop 3 foe-hammers at once. The attachment still provides its bonus to the attached character.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#3 Dr. Nocturne

Dr. Nocturne

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

THANKS!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS