Sleeves

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

Been playing for about 2 years but haven't sleeved my cards yet since I really don't wan't to pay a ton just to keep the ink from coming of the very edges of the cards.  

But I think I'm might sleeve my player cards if I can get a good deal.  I want clear and cheap sleeves.  I found some cheap mayday sleeves but there are a few different types of mayday clear sleeves.  Do these look good?  http://www.ebay.com/...7247850?lpid=82

Thanks

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#2 FreddieG

FreddieG

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

I use these. They've been great and pretty consistent in size. Used about 1000 of them so far.

#3 mewmartigan

mewmartigan

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

my local Walmart has the Ultra-Pro penny sleeves and they have been working fine for me.  100 pack for $0.98.

#4 Scroll Lock

Scroll Lock

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

I did not think I need sleeves, but now, when I have them, I would not play without them again.
I paid 10 € for 500 sleeves (5 packs of 100 sleeves), Ultra Pro Premium card sleeves.

#5 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:56 AM

dragon-shield-collage-34.jpg

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#6 Shadin

Shadin

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

BCW Deck Guards are a good, cheap sleeve.  You can get 1000 of them for <$30 on eBay.  They're not as thick/stiff as premium sleeves, but are much better than penny sleeves.

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I know there's no grand plan here.  This is just the way it goes.

#7 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

Since i live in Bangkok i can  buy here 2000 clear sleeves for 10 usd. Feel pity for you to play a lot of money for this plastic….

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#8 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

Well, that's probably because everything is cheaper in Asia generally.
Muang Thai is even quite expensive considering the region.
And Krung Thep is probably the most expensive place there.

For me, Asia is cheaper; but a country like Norway is expensive.
Everything is relative to economy and salaries.
"Not all those who wander are lost"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS