Stun (active)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 MandalorynOranj

MandalorynOranj

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

True. But full auto requires two advantage to activate a second hit so should it also bypass soak? Or perhaps any punch should ignore soak with two advantage because you've pierced the armor? I just think that most, depending on the source, physical attcks should be covered by armor. I could accept the argument that non armor soak wouldn't apply, but there are movie examples of tough guys shrugging off stun type attacks so I'm a bit more on the fence with that one.

Eote is a more abstract game so im ok with the rules in the book. I'm just (academically) arguing from a more realistic point of view. The rules don't have to make sense to have fun. It would be nice if they did, but such is life. :)

Think of it as this: the shock gloves have already hit and had the soak applied to the physical damage. The shock then kicks in and hurts them more from the electric jolt. So in the same hit you have the soak applying only once. Now for auto-fire you have a shot that hits and soak applied. Then the auto-fire triggers and you get another, completely separate, hit that soak would then apply to.

Basically to some up my point is that soak should only apply once per hit.

Exactly this. Stun being triggered relies on the hit being successful in the first place, so for the shock gloves the punch to the chest has connected. Your soak ablates damage from that punch. Then they turn on, lightning arcs across your body, and strain goes right to your threshold.

• kaosoe likes this

#22 Ahrimon

Ahrimon

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Ah, so it's basically: Spend 2 advantage and do bonus strain damage.  That's what I get for not double checking the exact wording and going off of the conversation.  =)

#23 MandalorynOranj

MandalorynOranj

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Haha no worries, happens to everybody!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS