Sort of online gaming sesh

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Over the last five days, me and two friends had a gaming sesh via private messaging on our facebook pages.
It took a while due to work, and one living in South Americaa nd being five hours behind us.

The game went really well and we all enjoyed it.

A couple of things came up.
Spell cards - these were open rather than hidden.

Peeking top cards - if somone played a character such as the Sage, or had an object, follower or spell that allows this ability, all other players will know.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting around this?

We do plan to have another sesh some time in the future.

#2 ZeroGrim

ZeroGrim

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

The only way I can think of at the moment would be private messaging the secret info to the player who needs to know it from the person who has the board and cards, that means only two people would know about it at least.

an option for characters like the spy could be to replace the top of deck checking ability with the ability of the prophetess to discard a drawn card and draw a new one, would change who these characters played but give them powers that stay similar in feel without making the abilities a party ability.

#3 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

You could always have one party in the game that doesn't play but keeps tabs on everyone's stuff. It wouldn't be the most fun role but everyone could take turns. He would be similar to the GM in he knows all and can private message between the players that need to know certain cards. Just a thought.

#4 The Hunter

The Hunter

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

You could always have one party in the game that doesn't play but keeps tabs on everyone's stuff. It wouldn't be the most fun role but everyone could take turns. He would be similar to the GM in he knows all and can private message between the players that need to know certain cards. Just a thought.

I thought this as well and suggested this but one friend showed concern that I, the board owner, would miss out on the gaming fun.

I think my friends and I need to agree on some house rules if all are playing as characters.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS