• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ullr

Ullr

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Hello Everyone,

Well I got the Sun of Fortune book the other day. Just in time too, my play group was just about to start playing. If the title wasnt obvious I really enjoy the Selonians. I think I may have a few idea going through my head for playing one, but to me their stat line is kinda wonky. Does anyone else think that? I am just not sure what career and specialization would fit best for the Selonian. I want to play a selonian fairly bad, and have sense they announced them for suns of fortune, however I want to make sure I will be able to contribute to my group. So far in my group it looks like we will have a human big game hunter who will also fill in our role for a pilot and a droid doctor who plans to maybe move into marauder. I would love to hear some ideas, tips, and advice from the community.

Thank you,

Ullr

#2 Lathrop

Lathrop

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

Selonians are kind of okay. Since they aren't quite as balanced as other races, they definitely are sort of meant for specific roles. If I had to guess - stealth character, probably with range combat focus and the tail for a last resort weapon.

Assuming those are the only people in your group, a face character - somebody good at charming, negotiating, deceiving - still needs to be filled.

#3 Ullr

Ullr

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

I forgot to mention that we will have a face character. He just isnt sure exactly what class and race he will play.

#4 Joker Two

Joker Two

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Story first, then stats.  Are you a liberated male who's left his den in search of a new life?  An envoy sent by your den to study the galaxy?  An exiled warrior seeking redemption?

The first could use Driver, Fringer, Mechanic, or Thief, to be a quirky skill-monkey.  The second could use Archaeologist, Politico, Scholar, or Trader as the brains of the outfit.  The third could use Bodyguard, Gadgeteer, Mercenary Soldier, or Scout for a versatile combatant. 

The great thing about this game is how you can be capable in a wide variety of areas from the very beginning.  Unless you directly compete with another PC over mastery of a single skill, you'll always have something to add.  Don't worry about doubling up Careers.  I've got a party of five with two Technicians (Mechanic and Slicer) who both plan on picking up Outlaw Tech in the mid-future, but the Mechanic is focusing on vehicles and maintenance, while the Slicer is more equipment and stealth.  There's some overlap, of course, but they aren't stepping on each other's toes.

Edited by Joker Two, 14 February 2014 - 02:08 PM.

• polyheadronman likes this

#5 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.... Right next to the mashed potatoes.
  • Shakespearian_Soldier likes this

#6 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

Definitely think about what you see this character as before you determine anything else about him.

But to answer your original concern. Selonians have a good stat spread for Force Sensitive Exile. They are naturally disciplined (though they are generally naive), and they are agile critters. If your GM doesn't mind the force playing a role in his or her game, talk to the GM about maybe making a space weasel that can feel the force.

Personally, I am fond of Selonian street rats* (thieves).

*no pun intended.

Edited by kaosoe, 16 February 2014 - 08:52 AM.

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS