Photo

What is your investigator dream team against Yog-Sothoth?

Eldritch Horror Strategy Yog-Sothoth

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ffgemily

ffgemily

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

Today's Eldritch Horror article shares some strategies for beating Yog-Sothoth. What are your favorite investigator combinations? What are your tips and tricks for beating Yog?

#2 Nainphy

Nainphy

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

I pick my investigators BEFORE choosing a RANDOM AO. So i don't know. Though i know Diana Stanley is awesome against him.

#3 ricedwlit

ricedwlit

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

Have played three games so far against Yog and have only won once. Assembling the team for me means picking investigators to use from a randomly selected subset.  That said, the team that managed to win was not that different from the one in the article: Akachi, Lily, Diana, and Trish were my starting investigators; when Akachi went insane she was replaced with Norman.

As far as strategies:

• make sure you have lots of spells - so having investigators that start with spells is a help.
  • avoid gates unless you can afford to spend a spell to avoid advancing doom
  • if you do end up fighting the Dunwich Horror, don't overlook the possibility of dealing with it remotely via encounters in Tokyo - many of them allow you place damage on a monster (rather than just discard from play, which won't work with the Dunwich Horror).  Get enough of these and you may not need to fight him directly. The Agency Quarantine asset can also prove useful.

#4 C2K

C2K

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

I think Akachi is a no-brainer.  Her ability is very strong against Yog.  I would have Norman too.  I would choose Lily next because she is versatile in the event the Horror shows up.  Finally, I would take Jim Culver.  He helps regain any sanity lost fighting cultists and he also gives an extra dice in combat, useful against the Horror. 

Honorable mentions (for more than 4 players):  Charlie Kane- Because items are good  and Leo Anderson- Because he can get you those overpowered artefacts.    I feel these 2 characters are universally strong. 

#5 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

Akachi, Diana, Jacqueline, Lola, and I spank him every time.

#6 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:13 AM

Akachi (higher odds of closing gates so that you can contain the doom advancing), Diana (spells are vital against Yog), Norman (best stats booster in town, ehm, on Earth, the game got bigger with EH), Lily (paired up with Norman, she's just so terrific!).

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#7 coldpheasant

coldpheasant

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Diana, Jacqueline, Charlie, and anybody else.

Diana and Jacqueline high-tail it to Buenos Aires and demolish the spell deck.  Charlie demolishes the asset deck.  The other person does whatever, After you have Feed, Plumb, Blessing of Isis, and garbage spells to discard, you go and solve mysteries while Charlie goes and collects more spells for you.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS