Photo

Discarding Sith Holocron matches resources?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andur Saibot

Andur Saibot

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

So... The topic's name is basically the question.

May I play, for example, "There is no Escape" discarding a Sith Holocron and paying the fourth resource with a non-Sith one or reducing the cost with a Sith card makes no resource matching whatsoever?

Thanks in advance,.

#2 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

If it doesn't fully pay the cost you still have to provide resource matching. That's what I've seen it played.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

KennedyHawk is correct.  Sith Holocron does not provide Sith resources, it just reduces the cost by 3.  If that makes the cost "0" then resource match no longer applies, but if there's any remaining cost then it is still a Sith card and at least one of the paid resources will need to be Sith.

#4 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

Another thought, can you use Sith Holocron to pay for any affiliation card if you have Looking for Droid active? I think the answer is no, because the resource matching is no longer valid but the card still is not considered a sith card.

#5 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Another thought, can you use Sith Holocron to pay for any affiliation card if you have Looking for Droid active? I think the answer is no, because the resource matching is no longer valid but the card still is not considered a sith card.

Nope.  Once again because Sith Holocron does not produce resources, it just reduces the cost of the next Sith card you play.  Not needing a resource match doesn't change the fact that the other affiliation's card (or neutral card) is not a Sith card and thus unaffected by the Holocron.

#6 Andur Saibot

Andur Saibot

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Thank you both!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS