Stone of Erech Quest

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

What do you guys think about The Stone of Erech?  Nobody talks about it.  

How often do you guys play it?  

Edited by Khamul The Easterling, 13 February 2014 - 07:07 PM.

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#2 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I haven't had a chance to give it a go.. yet. I have it on order when it comes in I'll try it out. I really like the ideas in that quest and have immensely enjoyed all the PoDs so far so I am pretty keen.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#3 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

It's an extremely enjoyable quest and not nearly as brutal and unmerciful as Massing at Osgiliath and the Battle of Lake-town. I definitely recommend picking my up; it's not like any of the other quests in the game and you'll find yourself approaching it in different ways than most other quests too.
  • Bullroarer Took likes this

#4 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

I ordered it earlier this week, though from what i have read it must be good

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#5 Chris51261

Chris51261

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

The thing I liked about this scenario having just finished with the Heirs of Numenor quests was that this one didn't feel nearly as random. If you make up your decks right, it's still a challenge, but you feel like you can handle whatever comes at you. Compare that to say Into Ithilien or Siege of Cair Andros and it was a huge relief. A lot of fun!
  • iznax likes this

#6 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

It's an extremely enjoyable quest and not nearly as brutal and unmerciful as Massing at Osgiliath and the Battle of Lake-town. I definitely recommend picking my up; it's not like any of the other quests in the game and you'll find yourself approaching it in different ways than most other quests too.

Nailed it.
"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#7 iznax

iznax

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:05 AM

Each and every card in a PoD quest is designed exclusively for it, so the randomness and the luck factor is very small, in contrast with (mostly) the HoN and AtS quests where the luck of the draw separates victory from defeat (more than deckbuilding and strategy).

(]xxxxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::>

#8 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:54 AM

I dont know where uw challenge there?..... is really boring and easy quest..... there us nothing just long annoying desert........ really big dissapoint. Nothing at all. That why there is no talking about this quest. Big flaw......

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#9 Spurries

Spurries

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

Quest is cool and fun, CAN be very difficult, but most Dwarf decks can handle it.  Boss blanks everyones text, so Outlands become very weak, no Dain bonus, etc.  First introduction to a Timing mechanic, where the longer the game goes the harder the cards become

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS