Source Books/Adventure books

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JeppeLaursen

JeppeLaursen

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

Does any of the extra books(source or adventure books) give us stats for new threats(beasts, droids, characters or whatever)?

And does anybody know if they are planning a "Threat of the Galaxy" book, like the Saga Edition had?

#2 whafrog

whafrog

• Members
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Yes. Nexus, rats, wasps, and a cool tree octopus in Beyond the Rim.  Plenty of characters and whatnot in the other books.

I hope they don't.  I prefer this method of including a smattering of everything in each book, for the main reason that it will probably keep the game alive longer.

• Shakespearian_Soldier and polyheadronman like this

#3 Lathrop

Lathrop

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Enter the Unknown does not (there are stats for buyable droids, but not really droid enemies), Suns of Fortune has a few for the modular encounters in it, and Beyond the Rim has a solid amount.

Nobody really knows anything about when and what they plan to release, it's more of just waiting for the official announcements.

#4 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

Suns of Fortune is actually quite nicely packed with beasties and npcs. More so than anything else so far.

• Jegergryte, kaosoe and polyheadronman like this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#5 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

And does anybody know if they are planning a "Threat of the Galaxy" book, like the Saga Edition had?

2012-0927-olive2.png

• UHF, Liloki, kaosoe and 1 other like this

#6 FangGrip

FangGrip

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

Does any of the extra books(source or adventure books) give us stats for new threats(beasts, droids, characters or whatever)?

They may, but I doubt it.  

They seem to follow the adage "stats sell books".  I expect they will continue to sell individual books with a thematic set of races, gear, beasties, and specializations.  Perhaps they will recycle stuff near the end of the product line to increase the longevity, but that is likely a long way off.

Check out a truly universal RPG with Free Starter Rules at www.AlphaChronicles.com!

Check out the Consummate Gamer Blog for everything that isn't Alpha Chronicles.

#7 NicoDavout

NicoDavout

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

Regardless what they publish, they have my money for the best system ever :wub: . Just need now Mass Effect, Deadlands, Fallout and Deus Ex using this system and I can keep playing RPGs till the end of my life, only with a brake for Tapas y Cerveza ^_^ . Long Live Dixie...I mean FFG!

Edited by NicoDavout, 14 February 2014 - 10:50 AM.

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.

#8 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Yep, I am down for pretty much whatever they put out for this system!

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#9 MandalorynOranj

MandalorynOranj

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Suns of Fortune has a ton of new enemies, both beasts and sentients. They're scattered throughout the planet sections and the modular encounters.

#10 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

There's no way to satisfy some people...

the-dar-181.jpg

• Orjo Creld, Dex Vulen, kaosoe and 2 others like this

#11 JeppeLaursen

JeppeLaursen

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Sorry for asking a simple question.

• UHF likes this

#12 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

I've just been reading the regular sources (comics, books) to get ideas. I think the game is easy enough to wing it. The book of the Jedi and the book of the Sith gave me ideas that I'm about to use. I've already had the players break into a prison called,"The Spike" after reading a comic.

In a round about way I'm saying you can wing it.

#13 JeppeLaursen

JeppeLaursen

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

I've just been reading the regular sources (comics, books) to get ideas. I think the game is easy enough to wing it. The book of the Jedi and the book of the Sith gave me ideas that I'm about to use. I've already had the players break into a prison called,"The Spike" after reading a comic.

In a round about way I'm saying you can wing it.

Yes I know and I am, but the only reason I asked, is because I like these kind of books. I can live without them but if they make one, great!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS