Lego Bricks for Counters

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

I don't know about everyone else but I am not a huge fan of the cones used for counters.  I find them to be a pain, hard to get a hold of with my dried out callous meat-hook, man-hands.  I have used dice before but they always seem to be getting bumped and turned....by accident and some people cheating.  Sometimes I have used apps on my phone but I find that rather annoying.

I am thinking of using Lego bricks.  Looking at the lego store I can get multiple shades of green, red and blue so I can use one color for the characters base stats and the other shade for weapon bonuses.  I think this would be a good alternative, does anyone else have any ideas that they use?  

#2 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Very nice idea. But I like my dice, and reasonably trust my group.

• JediKnightAmoeba likes this

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#3 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

So to get 8 Black 2x8 bases to hold 4 different colored bricks: Red, Green, Blue and White for Fate...Mind you I was going to get 24 1x1 bricks of 2 colors for each Strength, Craft and Lives (Red, Pink, Green, Light Green, Blue, Light Blue), 8 of each 1x2 brick and 8 2x2 bricks of each color.  Then there would be 32 1x1 whites, 12 1x2 whites and 10 2x2 whites.  

This would allow you to keep all your counters on one "strip" for easy recognition.  The two colors of green, blue and red would be so you can easily recognize which ones were your stats and which ones were from weapons/items.  But the total is a whopping $51 with tax and S&H.   Yikes.  

#4 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

My group cheats, steals and will stab you in the back.  We do play munchkin and understand how to screw over one another in an RPG.  We have no shame.  

#5 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:06 AM

I would think that 1x1 bricks would be more fiddly than cones.
Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#6 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

I hear there are cheap knock-off lego brands out there.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS