Sphere and Hero rankings

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Which is the sphere and the hero you have played more often? In my Quest Log Stadistic of this web today it reads:

The most played sphere: Lore (43% !!! O.O)

And the hero: Beravor!!! Wow (8%)

Do you know which sphere and hero you play more often? Maybe not the percentatges, but yes you know the sphere and the name of the hero..., how about?

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#2 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

It's really hard to say since I stopped using the quest log a long time ago, but if I had to guess...

Probably Leadership Aragorn and Leadership as a sphere

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#3 chrsjxn

chrsjxn

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, I haven't kept detailed statistics, but I love Secrecy, so...

Sphere: Spirit, Hero: Glorfindel. Second place is probably Leadership and Theodred.

#4 chuckles

chuckles

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

I'm not sure as didn't realise there was a quest log at he beginning... so Aragorn & Leadership would have been really high but according to the log...

Sphere: Tactics. Hero: S'Glorfindel... Legolas number two.

"Do not believe him! He has lost all power, save his voice that can still daunt you and deceive you, if you let it."

#5 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

That was cool, I never really look at those stats... but I have been logging every quest I've played, win or lose, since about 2 months after I got the game.  For the narrative... it's fun to go back and read what happened in quests of long ago.

Lore for me at 39%, which surprised me!  I figured Tactics would be at the top, and it was close... 37%.  But I guess the deck I've been playing recently is spirit/lore, so I do go without old red sometimes.

Legolas took the top spot, with Gimli a little bit behind.  I haven't used Gimli in ages, but I guess I used him enough in the old days that he still ranks near the top.  After that, it's a pretty even spread.  Guess I like to experiment.

#6 Glowwyrm

Glowwyrm

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Cool forum idea.  I don't keep detailed stats or use the quest log (and I play two handed so...)but it's probably:

Sphere: Tactics
Hero: Boromir/Legolas. 
Hard to pick between the two.  I love Boromir the character and his abilities are thematic, so I use him a lot.  Legolas is just so good, it's hard not to use him.

Sphere: Spirit
Hero: Eowyn
She's so good at what she does, she gets better with more players in a game, and she helps my aggressive approach to the game.

I've been taking mono-Spirit Eowyn-Glorfindel-Caldara and mono-Tactics Boromir-Beregond-Legolas decks through the Nightmare scenarios and having a blast.

#7 Fippin

Fippin

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Mine is definitely Spirit sphere with Eówyn as my number one hero (14%)

I love Eówyn for questing and Spirit for treachery/shadow cancelation, bringing cards back from discard piles and Unexpected Courage.

#8 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

I always play two-handed solo and almost always have dual sphere decks in both hands; so, I use each sphere fairly consistently, but if I had to favor one it would probably be Lore or Tactics.  

I've been trying to use Spirit Glorfindel and Frodo less, but Mr. Baggins' ability is so great and Glorfindel, well no words are necessary for that beast.  I use Lore Aragorn, Beregond, and Legolas quite often as well.  It's going to be refreshing to pull out some older Rohan-themed player cards and heroes in the next week or two as I venture to Isengard, though!

• Fippin likes this

#9 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

I am a big solo player and find Pipin (Lore) to be my goto card a lot more than bilbo used to. It has been hard adjusting to the lower card draw with out bilbo but that extra point of will and -3 threat really counts.

Other than that my fav hero is still Dunhere. . The ability to attack into the staging area is just all win and is so unique still. Even with the great bow it is still such a great ability. No matter the state of this game I expect new versions of a Dunhere deck to keep popping up again and again.

So solo I mainly play Lore / Spirit and use tactic splashes with songs and stuff. Though it is getting harder and harder to run rainbow decks.

Edited by booored, 12 February 2014 - 09:39 PM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#10 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

Well, according to my quest log -though not very accurate since a lot of games are double with my wife who uses a lot of spirit- my most used are Glorfindel (which is true) and spirit (which is cause of my wife i guess). Then comes Legolas and Tactics (these are from my part) but Lore is close too

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#11 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Never used quest log, but I can tell for sure that my most used hero is Eowyn. 

#12 sparrowpisuke

sparrowpisuke

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

All the spheres an heros the same percentages  :P

I don't repeat with a hero (or as much repeat once) until i've played with all the other heros at least once...

No x,y,z,n  integers , x,y,z>0 , n>2 | x^n+y^n = z^n

Proof: My margin is very small too...

#13 Fippin

Fippin

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

Other than that my fav hero is still Dunhere. . The ability to attack into the staging area is just all win and is so unique still. Even with the great bow it is still such a great ability. No matter the state of this game I expect new versions of a Dunhere deck to keep popping up again and again.

I agree. I love Dunhere. He was the champion in my Conflict at the Carrock win! I will look for more ways to include him in decks in the future. I do need to find ways to boost his attack to overcome the high defense of most newer enemies (I almost feel like they make Defense 3 to make Dunhere ineffective. Or am I just paranoid?)

#14 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

I agree. I love Dunhere. He was the champion in my Conflict at the Carrock win! I will look for more ways to include him in decks in the future. I do need to find ways to boost his attack to overcome the high defense of most newer enemies (I almost feel like they make Defense 3 to make Dunhere ineffective. Or am I just paranoid?)

med_spear-of-the-mark-tmv.jpgmed_dagger-of-westernesse-tbr.jpg

Put in 2 of each for 4 cards == good draw %.. can even go 6 if you want... with 2 he hits for 7 into the staging area. Very strong and the backbone of the current Dunhere deck. I have been fiddling with adding this recently as well but it has to many parts for real consistency, still when it goes off it is crazy.. as in Gimli crazy.. just way more attack than you reasonably need.

med_steward-of-gondor-core.jpgmed_gondorian-fire-aoo.jpg

I have been able to one shot Mumak with this!

• Fippin likes this
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#15 Fippin

Fippin

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

Thanks! My (self-created) problem is that I've only been adding cards as I get to the expansions. So, right now I am about to attempt Journey to Rhosgabel, but the Spear of the Mark is not until Morgul Vale. Perhaps I'm being stupid, but as a newbie I wanted to experience the game as it evolved.

#16 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

yeah your right...  that is stupid.

Dunhere doesn't make much of a splash after Carrock until Khaz... seams he makes a comback once a cycle so far :P

Edited by booored, 13 February 2014 - 02:38 AM.

• Fippin likes this

#17 Fippin

Fippin

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:44 AM

yeah your right...  that is stupid.

Dunhere doesn't make much of a splash after Carrock until Khaz... seams he makes a comback once a cycle so far :P

I think for me that's part of the fun - seeing which heroes/combos are given new life with each expansion. But that spear does look pretty sweet for a Spirit player like me!

#18 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

well the dagger give the exact same effect but it is not limited to the Rohan trait. \

The funny thing is I can not think of a rohan ally card that can attack into the staging area... note the spear says "character" not "hero"... so Dunhere may be getting some help soon?

At the moment this only makes sense with that trap, ranger spikes. I have been trying to make a solo trap deck with this in mind, but the trap deck takes so many card slots it doesn't work well in solo yet.. so far. Still Horse Back Archer, traps, dunhere, spear and daggers seams that it could be the base of a interesting deck... but not yet. Elfhelm is the only other 2attk rohan charicter

Edited by booored, 13 February 2014 - 02:57 AM.

• Fippin likes this

#19 OnkelZorni

OnkelZorni

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:06 AM

My favorite sphere is leadership and my most send-to-battle-hero is Dain, though he mostly did not much but staying ready. Really love dwarfes 

med_steward-of-gondor-core.jpgmed_gondorian-fire-aoo.jpg

I have been able to one shot Mumak with this!

Mumak can't take more than 3 damage per round. Are you sure, you did this correctly?

#20 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

yeah, he didn't die, meant to say "could have"..  I hit him for over 19 dmg. 7 in spears + 12 resources (from a pool of 13).

The trick is to have Dunhere but only use spirit resources for threat reduction... and nothing else so they stack up. Get a UC on him and Blood of Numenor for questing as well. Then as you attack and quest steward keeps the resource count stable. Anytime there is no one to attack questing and attack gose up by one a turn. Resourceful fuels the other heros who share a sphere.

Edited by booored, 13 February 2014 - 03:18 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS