Photo

Escape from Dol Guldor (ONLY CORE SET CARDS) - PASS!!!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

I have to disagree, "No parking" is the rule. "Except on Sundays" is clearly an exception, that's why it uses the word "except". Sure, you can define it as part of the rule, but then the concept of "exceptions" loses all meaning. 

I think part of the problem may be that you are approaching this from the standpoint of mathematics, whereas the phrase itself comes from the field of law and social science (which would be more applicable to behavior on a forum). The exception, "you may park here on Sundays", proves that a rule exists governing parking in this particular spot depending upon the day of the week, even if you didn't know what the actual rule is.

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#22 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

If you post a rule "No parking", rule abiding ppl will never park there. They wouldn't know about parking during sundays being legal because you don't notify them about it. You must include it in the rule text, thus making it one with the rule.

#23 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Move along, there's nothing to see here.

On a side note: congrats on your victory Legoland!
  • Dain Ironfoot, GrandSpleen, Thanatopsis and 3 others like this
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#24 Goldenrod

Goldenrod

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

I have finally tried this quest after setting the game for quite some time. I played two hands using decks found on this forum, created by Advosan in november 2012, and using only 1 core set. (for unknown reasons I can't paste the deck here and can't use the URL (the window doesn't want to close when I finish).

I must really be the worst player playing this game because I am playing easy mode, without dealing shadow cards and I never come close to beating step 1 of this quest, and I played for almost 3 hours. I was about to put the game in the garbage!

#25 karagh

karagh

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

I also beat this quest with the mono leadership 30 card deck (3 Gandalf, removed Brok and Grim Resolve). Gloin captured, Celebrian Stone in starting hand. A Dungeon Jailor discarded and Objective, but it wasn't discarded as Shadow. I finished the quest after 15 rounds. Theodred died on 4th or 5th round, and Gloin died very late hummerhorned. 201 points for me.

Edit: Just to clarify,  I've done it just recently, I own the game since 2011. Have beaten it around The Hobbit release with a Dwarf Leadership deck.

Edited by karagh, 24 February 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#26 Goldenrod

Goldenrod

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

I finally manage to beat this quest using cards from a single core set, playing 2 handed. 1 Hand was the spirit deck and the other a mix of the 3 other sphères using Theoden, Legolas & Denethor.

Denethor was the captive.

Finished the quest without a single hero dead and a score of 40 for the spirit hand and 44 for the other hand.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS