Star Wars: Rebels

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

So, more news on Rebels. Jedi and - in my mind - the fringe.

http://www.starwarsu...s-wrangles.html

• whafrog likes this

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#2 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

Apparently there is also another force sensitive character Ezra Bridger, a dropout from the academy that is trying to learn the force from a holocron.

Other characters are a ramshackle and surly astromech by the name of Chopper, a twi'lek by the name of Hera sundulla - who has the same name of a twilek revolutionary from the clone wars and a alien based on the conceptnart for Chewbacca named Zeb Oneiros, who is very agile and a good shot as he is the gunner for the Ghost.
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#3 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

Probably the single biggest pieces of information released.  This clears up any ambiguity.  Some Jedi have now officially survived Order 66.

Yoda's conversation with Obi Wan and the whole "there is another" and then telling Luke "there's another skywalker" never made sense and now there is definitely wiggle room there.

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#4 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Well, they do say in the interview that this Kanan has stopped being a Jedi - so in some ways the Yoda quote rings true, no one else are "actively" Jedi, they have started new careers and so on, whereas both Yoda and Kenobi are continuing their Jedi ways in exile or as a hidden protector. This Kanan character seems to start off as more of a free-trader type than a Jedi.

So, I guess my point is, Jedi is something you do, not something you are. Sort of.

Edited by Jegergryte, 12 February 2014 - 10:25 AM.

• whafrog likes this

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

#5 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

Yah, except unless this character dies pre episode 4 this cartoon is taking place several years before Yavin, which means if he isn't dead, there is someone playing Jedi again when Yoda and Obi Wan have that conversation.

That and I'm not necessarily speaking just to this character, more to the fact some survived and that perhaps Yoda for operational security compartmentalized this knowledge and didn't tell everyone about each other.

#6 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

At work they like to remind us that most actionable intelligence comes from publicly available open sources... soooo

http://screencrush.c...t-lego-playset/

The minifig in the nose position of the Ghost looks a lot like Kanan, so that leaves batman in the turret and the green female (guessing a Twi'lek, but that might just be the pervy old hut in me talking) in what I'm assuming is the cockpit to be IDed.

Also looking at the "Phantom" that might be Kanan as well, but it looks to me like someone else. Seeing as how Ghost and Phantom share a certain naming convention this also leaves me wondering what the relationship will be (for some reason I keep think Nashtah Pup, but that's probably too cool to be correct)

MAGIC HEADPHONES PROTECT ME FROM THE SPACE!

#7 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

See my post above to ID the characters.
  • Ghostofman likes this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#8 Rookhelm

Rookhelm

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

Probably the single biggest pieces of information released.  This clears up any ambiguity.  Some Jedi have now officially survived Order 66.

Yoda's conversation with Obi Wan and the whole "there is another" and then telling Luke "there's another skywalker" never made sense and now there is definitely wiggle room there.

I don't think so.  "another hope" doesn't just mean any jedi.   They needed Luke or Leia for this particular thing in order to bring Vader back to the light.  Just any ole jedi wasn't going to cut it.

• Jegergryte likes this

#9 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

Good point, there's all this about a prophecy - while left out of the original trilogy, there is definitely room for it there in the vague statements and actions of those old Jedi.

#10 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

I don't think so.  "another hope" doesn't just mean any jedi.   They needed Luke or Leia for this particular thing in order to bring Vader back to the light.  Just any ole jedi wasn't going to cut it.

Unless Obi Wan developed Alzheimers when he became a force ghost he already knew about Leia.

#11 Rookhelm

Rookhelm

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Unless Obi Wan developed Alzheimers when he became a force ghost he already knew about Leia.

Regardless if Yoda COULD have meant other Jedi or not, Obiwan still would have known about Leia.

#12 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

I think the mentioning of Luke and Leia was regarding the fact that a) they are powerful in the Force, moreso than other Jedi, and b) they are Vader's children, and thus have a greater chance of bringing him down or redeeming him.

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#13 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

See my post above to ID the characters.

Ah yes, nice. Any chance you know where the Phantom comes in as well?

#14 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Yes well if they had known then how big the Star Wars universe was to get they could have written the lines better. We know better now. And Kanan sounds like Cade Skywalker without all the angst (so far).
  • Jegergryte likes this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#15 NicoDavout

NicoDavout

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

More Jedis popping from the huts or hats. Just great....in a moment we will be able to gather the whole new Jedi Council! Hell, maybe even two?

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.

#16 Rookhelm

Rookhelm

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

Am I correct in assuming the new Sith villain ("Inquisitor") is a Utapauan?

#17 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Am I correct in assuming the new Sith villain ("Inquisitor") is a Utapauan?

It's a skin condition!

Yeah, he's Utapauan.

#18 segara82

segara82

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

Personally, i feel a little down (not just because i have a 39° fever) since they have two force users in the hero department. I would prefer a pure non-user clique to star, since we had more then enough Jedis in TCW. I would not mind one showing up every now and then, but not as permanent members.

This is supposed to be about Rebels, humans and aliens that work together to get rid of the evil Empire.

Not Jedis-in-hiding-with-entourage rescuing the galaxy. We just had that.

Edited by segara82, 12 February 2014 - 02:05 PM.

• Jaspor likes this

Courage is the mastery of fear - not the absence of fear

#19 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, but for every guy rooting for the everyman, there's plenty more that want magical glowstick wizards. Just look at the lengths people are still going to squeeze Jedi into the RPG even though they're less then a year away from beta rules...

• Jegergryte and LibrariaNPC like this

#20 Rookhelm

Rookhelm

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

Personally, i feel a little down (not just because i have a 39° fever) since they have two force users in the hero department. I would prefer a pure non-user clique to star, since we had more then enough Jedis in TCW. I would not mind one showing up every now and then, but not as permanent members.

This is supposed to be about Rebels, humans and aliens that work together to get rid of the evil Empire.

Not Jedis-in-hiding-with-entourage rescuing the galaxy. We just had that.

i'm with you, though I do kinda like the idea of Kanan from what I've heard so far, but any more than him seems like treading old ground.

• kaosoe likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS