Star Wars: Rebels

• Please log in to reply
541 replies to this topic

#541 Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

Except that isn't how every game is run, and there is nothing wrong with it not being how the game is run.

If I say: "This is the style of game I am running from the get go, convince me what you are making fits, play something else, or find another game." isn't being a ****. Its running the game I want to run.

I think too many people operate from groups where they play with the same 4-5 other guys/gals every week, where making sure every player is on the same page for every game is important.

If you play with 9-10 different players, and different ones are in different games, saying "Hey, this is the game I'm running, if you are interested in that kind of game, take a seat" isn't a big deal. Everyone isn't always expected to play in every game. Hell, they couldn't.

Granted, my table is much more like the former, in which I do play with the same small group of friends every time, but even then, GM gets final word in what fits.

Edited by Emperor Norton, 28 August 2014 - 02:59 PM.

• whafrog, knasserII and Aluminium Falcon like this

#542 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:08 PM

A group from my local area regularly records a Podcast called Fear The Boot that (typically) deals with general issues in roleplaying. They have an episode dedicated to managing expectations and adapting to player styles that sounds very relevant to this conversation. They're also fairly big proponents of the idea of a group template, and making sure that the party as a whole fits together.

While podcast isn't dedicated to any specific system or setting, they tend to deal with a lot of concepts and topics within roleplaying that are applicable just about every game.

• Doc, the Weasel, progressions and kaosoe like this

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS