PTL

Turr (31)

Engine Upgrade Stealth

Marksmanship

Night Beast (19)

Engine Upgrade

Dark Curse (16)

Stealth (if Merc is dropped on OGP)

Any thoughts for improvements or severe waeknesses?

Edited by dogred, 12 February 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#2 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

Turr + Engine Upgrade does NOT allow for a double-boost, and is therefore a wasted 4 points.

Turr + Marksmanship is sub-par. The Focus action is superior on Interceptors, and is free. Consider Push the Limit instead (Trigger it off of your free action when you attack instead of in the normal spot. Boost AND Barrel Roll to get out of firing arcs much more efficiently)

Your Tie Fighters have 35 points between them. For 36 points, you could afford two Interceptors, or 3 Academy Pilots.

• SableGryphon likes this

#3 LeoHowler

LeoHowler

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

As Dracon pointed out Engine Upgrade isn't helping you, nor is Marksmanship. Dark Curse doesn't really need the help of Stealth Device, and I don't really see the point of adding Engine Upgrade to Night Beast of all the pilots out there...

Upgrade the Omicron Pilot to Captain Yorr, since he'll be able to pull the stress tokens away from your Interceptors.

~Remember Alderaan~

Alliance Fleet: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 4 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, , 3 Z-95's, 2 E-Wings, 1 GR-75

Imperial Navy: 5 TIE Fighters, 1 TIE Bomber, 2 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Advance x1, 1 Lambda Class Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31, 1 TIE Defender

Black Sun Private Fleet: Coming soon~

#4 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Upgrade the Omicron Pilot to Captain Yorr, since he'll be able to pull the stress tokens away from your Interceptors.

I'm not sure I agree with this, not because pulling stress off Interceptors isn't awesome, but because of the range fo this ability. Interceptors are dogfighters. They excel at getting behind enemies and hounding them with ferocious fire. Hard turns, aggressive tactics, and fancy flying are where these craft excel.

On the other hand, the winter void moose is best at boom and zoom. This venerable beast should move rapidly into combat, then move slowly for several turns until it starts losing shields or the combat passes it, then zoom off, escape combat distance, and turn to begin another pass.

The problem with Yorr's ability is it ties these two craft together. You either have to accellerate your albino space rhebok into combat, crippling its ability to turn with the combat and maintain heavy fire, then hitting it with stress so it can't pull one of its infamous escapes, or you keep a tight leash on your interceptors, keeping them in enemy fire arc longer and limiting their movement options.

No, if you are going to pump 3 points into the Shuttle, upgrading to Yorr is not the way to do it with this list. My recommendation is Rebel Captive. This is a terrible upgrade for your enemy to face. It gives a craft that fires on your shuttle a stress token, which vastly limits that craft's ability to maneuver, which is lethal with interceptors around. Further, it may make your enemy disinclined to attack the shuttle, forcing them to attempt to engage your Interceptors while suffering withering fire from a target they don't want to attack.

• JasonVoorhees and MajorJuggler like this

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

5 TIE Advanced, 6 TIE Bomber, 4 TIE Defender, 10 TIE Fighter, 6 TIE Interceptor, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 Firespray, 5 Lambda, 2 VT-49

7 A-Wing, 7 B-Wing, 3 E-Wing, 7 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 Z-95, 4 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, 2 YT-2400, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#5 nurglez

nurglez

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

I quite like veteran instincts on Turr, as it lets him shoot first most of the time, then boost/barrel roll out of the way. PTL is dirty on him, until you fight someone who is ps8 or higher.

ships owned

Empire : 3 Firesprays, 7 Tie fighters, 1 Tie advanced, 5 Tie interceptors, 3 Tie bombers, 2 Lambdas, 2 Defenders, 2 Phantoms, 1 Decimator

Rebel scum: 5 X wings, 4 A wings, 3 B wings, 3 Y wing, 2 E wing, 2 Z's, 2 Hwk, 1 Falcon, 1 Outrider,1 Transport, 1 Tantive

#6 dogred

dogred

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

I was thinking of running Squad leader on Turr if in range to help out the OGP to boost again or focus for defense on some turns.

#7 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

I was thinking of running Squad leader on Turr if in range to help out the OGP to boost again or focus for defense on some turns.

You can't boost twice in a turn, even if one of them is a free action. And focus doesn't really help the shuttle with defense. It does help for offense though. :)

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

5 TIE Advanced, 6 TIE Bomber, 4 TIE Defender, 10 TIE Fighter, 6 TIE Interceptor, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 Firespray, 5 Lambda, 2 VT-49

7 A-Wing, 7 B-Wing, 3 E-Wing, 7 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 Z-95, 4 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, 2 YT-2400, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#8 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

Afraid that if you've already performed an action, you can't do it again in a turn, even if you get a Free one. So, alas and alack, no double-boosting.

That also effects your gameplay with Turr Phennir, methinks.

#9 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Afraid that if you've already performed an action, you can't do it again in a turn, even if you get a Free one. So, alas and alack, no double-boosting.

Ninja. ;)

#10 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Ninja. ;)

Eh. I say more things in my posts. I never really thought that brevity is the soul of wit. I also had to look up the correct spelling of "Alack", as I usually say it aloud.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS