55 replies to this topic

#21 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

IMO

you must always run Fel with PTL and Stealth

if you dont need to barrel roll or boost, first action is FOCUS, then PTL to EVADE, this puts a STRESS token on Fel which gives him another FOCUS token.

so now Fel is sitting there with 2 FOCUS and 1 EVADE with 4 defense dice, 5 at range 3, you have to roll horribly to get hit, like i said in my first post, the key to Interceptors is concentrate on not getting hit first, and fire when you can. once you have your enemy outnumbered due to casualties, thats when you pounce with all of your ships.

i ran this list in tournament and took second place to someone who could fly Fel better than me. once he got behind me i couldnt shake him, Fel with PTL can go anywhere and do anything, i would put him against wedge any day of the week, wedge is only good if he has a shot, if you keep Fel turning and rolling and evading and focusing, wedge is a dead duck.

• Takeda likes this

Hey sarcasm is my thing, sorry if I offend anyone. (Reported) Hey I said I was Sorry (Reported) Really? (Reported) Come on I was apologizing. (Reported) Man you just can't make some people happy can you? (Reported)

#22 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

oh, and i call the double focus evade move that Fel can do the "WHAT THE FEL?!?!" manuever.

Hey sarcasm is my thing, sorry if I offend anyone. (Reported) Hey I said I was Sorry (Reported) Really? (Reported) Come on I was apologizing. (Reported) Man you just can't make some people happy can you? (Reported)

#23 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

I've been flying Vader, Fel, Turr since they came out and Fel with PtL and Stealth is, without a doubt his strongest set up. however, I am trying to fly 4 Int's and until Aces, that list is the best I can think of.

Aces will se the 4 Guard List and the 3 Int list will become Fel, Jax, Turr with all the toys.

Edited by Englishpete, 11 February 2014 - 07:39 PM.

• Engine25 likes this

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#24 Takeda

Takeda

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

IMO
you must always run Fel with PTL and Stealth
if you dont need to barrel roll or boost, first action is FOCUS, then PTL to EVADE, this puts a STRESS token on Fel which gives him another FOCUS token.
so now Fel is sitting there with 2 FOCUS and 1 EVADE with 4 defense dice, 5 at range 3, you have to roll horribly to get hit, like i said in my first post, the key to Interceptors is concentrate on not getting hit first, and fire when you can. once you have your enemy outnumbered due to casualties, thats when you pounce with all of your ships.

i ran this list in tournament and took second place to someone who could fly Fel better than me. once he got behind me i couldnt shake him, Fel with PTL can go anywhere and do anything, i would put him against wedge any day of the week, wedge is only good if he has a shot, if you keep Fel turning and rolling and evading and focusing, wedge is a dead duck.

Nice to see that there's someone else with the same Int strategy as me. They are so effective if flown "defensively", let your opponent fall on is own sword. Keep your defense up and wait for your opponent to make a mistake.
  • KILODEN likes this

#25 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

That gentlemen, is the Interceptor way :-)

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?

#26 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

ITS LIKE BULL FIGHTING, DODGE - STAB!

#27 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Almost a dangerous if you mess up as well.

#28 Takeda

Takeda

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

My staple with ints.....First move, 1 forward .....second move 1 forward . By your opponents second turn he should revieled his plan and his flying style. Then just avoid his moves as much as possible for a couple of turns taking whatever shots he gives. Unless I can get a boost into range one with nobody on my six I won't take any aggressive shots. by turn 4-5 your opponent will get frustrate and begin to over extend his movements. I believe with Jax sitting in for Vader on the big three it could get ugly fast.

#29 Darth evil

Darth evil

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

i'm going with 4 Royal Squints all with PTL

Empire ship: Tie Fighter x7, Tie Interceptor x6, Tie Advanced,Tie Bombers x4,Lambda Shuttle x2 ,Firespray,Tie Phantom,Tie Defender

Rebel Ships:X-wing x4,B-wing x3,Y-wing x2, A-wing x2, YT-1300,E-wing x1

#30 Scurvy Lobster

Scurvy Lobster

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

i'm going with 4 Royal Squints all with PTL

I am also considering this but am thinking that they could probably be outlived by a 3X INT with higher PS and all PTL + Stealth Devices (possibly even a few shield upgrades). I would love to see a few matches between these squads to see who outlives who :)

Edited by Scurvy Lobster, 12 February 2014 - 01:06 AM.

#31 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:56 AM

With the current meta of PS4, 4 ship rebel builds, I think the PS6 Royal Guard with PtL list will do well. It's fall down will be against the elite rebel builds, where I tend to think higher PS will win out, either 4 x PS8 Royal Guard or the Jax, Fel, Turr with load out list.

• Takeda likes this

#32 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

Continuing my quest to fly Interceptors with success I thought of this as a possible flight that would be successful.

PS 8 will generally be high enough to get the job done and losing one fighter isn't a big issue as I'm not using Swarm Tactics.

30 points
Carnor Jax
Shield Upgrade

23 points
Royal Guard Pilot #1
Veteran Instincts

23 points
Royal Guard Pilot #2
Veteran Instincts

23 points
Royal Guard Pilot #3
Veteran Instincts

I would try swapping the Shield upgrade for Push the Limit.  Use the added maneuverability to keep close, but out of front arc.  Therefore he denies tokens to the targets so your RGPs can wail on them, and he doesn't need the shield upgrade if he is never in front arc.

Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

#33 Takeda

Takeda

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

With the current meta of PS4, 4 ship rebel builds, I think the PS6 Royal Guard with PtL list will do well. It's fall down will be against the elite rebel builds, where I tend to think higher PS will win out, either 4 x PS8 Royal Guard or the Jax, Fel, Turr with load out list.

While I plan on building the 4 guard list "just because its sexy", I see Jax ,Fel,Turr doing better across the board. One of the many things that makes it so powerful is stealth. I know , to most players stealth isn't en vogue anymore. Those are mainly joust minded players that say that. Anyways what makes stealth so powerfull is that it makes focus that much better due to the four dice , not to mention having the evade as well. Without stealth I would expect to see at least one guard pilot dead per game if you fly perfect. Where as with the trio of death .....0 lost. I feel it would do better with the 4 ship vanilla meta and named.

#34 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

I must have had a brain f**t with not using PtL on Jax :-)

#35 Takeda

Takeda

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

Continuing my quest to fly Interceptors with success I thought of this as a possible flight that would be successful. PS 8 will generally be high enough to get the job done and losing one fighter isn't a big issue as I'm not using Swarm Tactics. 30 pointsCarnor JaxShield Upgrade 23 pointsRoyal Guard Pilot #1Veteran Instincts 23 pointsRoyal Guard Pilot #2Veteran Instincts 23 pointsRoyal Guard Pilot #3Veteran Instincts

I would try swapping the Shield upgrade for Push the Limit.  Use the added maneuverability to keep close, but out of front arc.  Therefore he denies tokens to the targets so your RGPs can wail on them, and he doesn't need the shield upgrade if he is never in front arc.

Shields are training wheels for rookies, if you never give your opponent a decent shot you won't need them. Don't fly casual , fly like a true min/max power gamer :) . When you fly defense the math goes out the window.
  • Engine25 likes this

#36 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

Continuing my quest to fly Interceptors with success I thought of this as a possible flight that would be successful. PS 8 will generally be high enough to get the job done and losing one fighter isn't a big issue as I'm not using Swarm Tactics. 30 pointsCarnor JaxShield Upgrade 23 pointsRoyal Guard Pilot #1Veteran Instincts 23 pointsRoyal Guard Pilot #2Veteran Instincts 23 pointsRoyal Guard Pilot #3Veteran Instincts

Shields are training wheels for rookies, if you never give your opponent a decent shot you won't need them. Don't fly casual , fly like a true min/max power gamer :) . When you fly defense the math goes out the window.
I agree, maneuverability trumps defense, and PTL is cheaper anyway. Interceptors excel at never needing to roll defense dice, which is the best defense anyway. Otherwise I like this squad. Swapping shield out for PTL leaves two points, however. How would you make that up? Target computer on Jax?
  • DraconPyrothayan likes this
Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

#37 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

I would probably leave the 2 points to allow me to shoot first or add the target computer and hope to lose initiative to maneuver last.

I am leaning to shoot first though with such high PS

• Engine25 likes this

#38 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

No, interceptors want to move last.  TL on one of them.  Jax is likely to be the primary target since he does everything the RGP does, and then some.  But he also has PTL to make use of the TL more often.  But definitely get rid of those 2 points.

• Engine25 likes this

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#39 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Yeh, I got my statement mixed up, you'd think after several hundred games and many Tourney's I'd remember shoot first/move first, shoot last/move last...

#40 blade_mercurial

blade_mercurial

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

I like Turr + 3 sabre pilots currently (all with PtL), and am thinking 4 royal guards with PtL might be better.  But of course, both lists suffer to higher PS lists....although if I develop my force powers, perhaps reading my opponents mind will make higher piloting skill unneeded? ;)

I've also run vader + Fel + Turr and its a lot of fun.  I imagine Jax + Fel + Turr will be even more so simply because its pure interceptor flying-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of thrills & chills...

Edited by blade_mercurial, 12 February 2014 - 08:04 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS