The Royal Guard Patrol

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Continuing my quest to fly Interceptors with success I thought of this as a possible flight that would be successful.

PS 8 will generally be high enough to get the job done and losing one fighter isn't a big issue as I'm not using Swarm Tactics.

30 points
Carnor Jax
Shield Upgrade

23 points
Royal Guard Pilot #1
Veteran Instincts

23 points
Royal Guard Pilot #2
Veteran Instincts

23 points
Royal Guard Pilot #3
Veteran Instincts

Edited by Englishpete, 11 February 2014 - 01:57 PM.

• berusplants, DraconPyrothayan and Engine25 like this

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?
(Horatius: Captain of the Gate)

#2 KILODEN

KILODEN

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

try:

soontir fel + PTL+stealth

saber squad + PTL+stealth

alpha+stealth

alpha+stealth

4 interceptors that are really hard to hit,boost and roll to stay out of fire arcs first, then try to do damage,

the key to interceptors is not head to head combat, you must evade first and take shots as they present themselves.

you will usually lose 1 or 2 of these guys but even if the enemy brings a falcon, concentrated fire will bring it down in 1 or 2 turns.

• Viceroy Bolda likes this

Hey sarcasm is my thing, sorry if I offend anyone. (Reported) Hey I said I was Sorry (Reported) Really? (Reported) Come on I was apologizing. (Reported) Man you just can't make some people happy can you? (Reported)

#3 oneway

oneway

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

Doesn't that kind of kill his concept though.. it's a good list, but loses all of the flavor of his original build...
  • Hrathen and That One Guy like this

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice

181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#4 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

I have flown the suggested list as well as a swarm tactics list. The idea here is that you are dead before you shoot at me :-)

• oneway likes this

To every man upon this Earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?

#5 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

That's why I bought a second Interceptor, to try a 4 Interceptor squad when the Aces will be released.

A mobile and deadly force like that will be fun to play!

#6 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

• Members
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

Interesting list.  I have not had success with interceptor only squads, 2 max usually and mostly just Turr or Fel so far; that will change with aces. 

#7 oneway

oneway

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

I have flown the suggested list as well as a swarm tactics list. The idea here is that you are dead before you shoot at me :-)

I was getting that impression from the VI on those guys, shoot first and leave them wanting.. haha.. I like the list, might try it myself.. though.. might need 4 red TIEs to do it.. lol

#8 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

2 boxes of Aces provides enough Royal Guard Cards as there are 2 in each box.

#9 oneway

oneway

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Yes... but I'll be wanting 4 red ships... not just the cards..
  • Osoroshii likes this

#10 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Yep, two are going to be repaints though :-)

• oneway likes this

#11 oneway

oneway

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Ayup... lol

#12 Scurvy Lobster

Scurvy Lobster

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

I have 6 wins in a row with my current 2X Sabre Interceptor + Krasis with HLC squad. The trick really seems to be PTL + Stealth on both Interceptors and of course general bad ass flying skills. In my last three matches I haven't lost a single ship.

Interceptors fly best stressed out you know ;)

• oneway and Khyros like this

#13 Takeda

Takeda

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

try:soontir fel + PTL+stealthsaber squad + PTL+stealthalpha+stealthalpha+stealth 4 interceptors that are really hard to hit,boost and roll to stay out of fire arcs first, then try to do damage,the key to interceptors is not head to head combat, you must evade first and take shots as they present themselves.you will usually lose 1 or 2 of these guys but even if the enemy brings a falcon, concentrated fire will bring it down in 1 or 2 turns.

Well said sir. An int with a push into an evade plus focus while having stealth is extremely difficult to hit. Don't waste your focus on shooting , take what your attack roll gives you.

#14 Takeda

Takeda

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

I have 6 wins in a row with my current 2X Sabre Interceptor + Krasis with HLC squad. The trick really seems to be PTL + Stealth on both Interceptors and of course general bad ass flying skills. In my last three matches I haven't lost a single ship. Interceptors fly best stressed out you know ;)

Nice list! I'm not really sure where people get Int's aren't good? They are to be used as a surgical tool not a hammer. My staple list is Fel & Tur kitted out plus BH. At anytime tur or fell is exposed they are sitting on an evade and a focus plus 4 defense dice, 5 at range 3 . If you fly well they will never die. If you run joust list they maybe the int isn't for you. Ill admit the list isn't fast to play , usually takes me 5 -10 minutes to go through all my options before moving. It's very much a control list.

#15 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

Yep, Int's do not joust well, but 4 of them at PS8, with patience and concentrated fire should get the job done.

If we can get to R1 with the crew and Jax still alive, odds should swing our way against most fleets.

Edited by Englishpete, 11 February 2014 - 03:46 PM.

• oneway likes this

#16 oneway

oneway

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

I think some people look at them and pass them off because of their 3 hull.. they don't see that this is a ship that works well as a agile mover.. mine are always getting in the thick of it and pulling red moves or boosting or barrel rolling to find a sweet spot to shoot from.. and if I can push the limit, I'll do both.. these ships can bleed off the stress in a heartbeat...

#17 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

My 3 ship Int build is Jax, Fel and Phennir, Stealth on all, PtL on Fel and Jax and VI on Phennir. Each gets Royal Guard Pilot title and a Targeting Computer

Edited by Englishpete, 11 February 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#18 phild0

phild0

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

My last opponent in the current Vassal tournament ran:

Backstabber
Alpha + Stealth Device
Alpha + Stealth Device
Alpha + Stealth Device
Alpha

Not ALL interceptors, but Backstabber flies an honorary one.

It was a great list, more about overpowering your enemy with potential 5, 3 dice guns in the Alpha Strike, then maneuvering to victory after that. I would not have beaten that list if not for SEVERAL bad evades (still a common theme in ints). That one is my favorite interceptor list.

#19 Englishpete

Englishpete

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

Until Aces comes out I am running this.

Soontir Fel, Swarm Tactics, Stealth Device

Turr Phennir, Swarm Tactics

Saber Squadron Pilot, Swarm Tactics

Alpha Pilot

#20 nurglez

nurglez

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

I'd been running darth and 2 ties in a few games recently that totally over powered my opponents.

Darth, adreneline rush, concussion missile, engine upgrade

Fel, push the limit, stealth device

Turr, Veteran instincts, stealth device

Not sure How I'd run 4+ interceptors, though avengers assemble seems like it would be nice to fly.

5 avenger interceptors :D

ships owned

Empire : 3 Firesprays, 7 Tie fighters, 1 Tie advanced, 5 Tie interceptors, 3 Tie bombers, 2 Lambdas, 2 Defenders, 2 Phantoms

Rebel scum: 4 X wings, 3 A wings, 2 B wings, 3 Y wing, 1 E wing, 2 Z's, 2 Hwk, 1 Falcon, 1 Transport, 1 Tantive

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS