ion pulse missle

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rook25

rook25

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Hello all, relatively new to the game so thought I would ask the more experienced players. I noticed the ion pulse missile in wave 4 puts 2 ion tokens on a ship. The card I have for ion tokens says they are all removed after the targeted ships next movement (which is restricted). Wondering what the benefit of the 2nd ion token is? Thanks in advance!

#2 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

It allows you to ion big ships in a single shot.

#3 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

Hello all, relatively new to the game so thought I would ask the more experienced players. I noticed the ion pulse missile in wave 4 puts 2 ion tokens on a ship. The card I have for ion tokens says they are all removed after the targeted ships next movement (which is restricted). Wondering what the benefit of the 2nd ion token is? Thanks in advance!

No problem at all.

Small-based ships will be Ionized after a single Ion Token.

Large-based ships, however, need 2 to be Ionized.

Ion tokens don't get cleared until the Ionized movement takes place, so you CAN ionize a Firespray with a single Ion Cannon, so long as you spend two turns to do so.

The Ion Pulse Missile will simply Ionize whatever it hits, regardless of its size.

#4 rook25

rook25

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

ah, have yet to field the falcon or slave 1. thanks for the reply!

#5 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

Automatically forcing a large ship to perform the 1-straight white. Large ships require two tokens to be affected, unlike small ships which only require 1

[EDIT: SUPER-NINJA'D]

Edited by Eruletho, 11 February 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#6 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

wish Y wings could carry those!!!  

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#7 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

Gonna be some fun times with bombers though.. haha.. Han shoots... whhaaaa. Oops. lol

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice

181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#8 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

also you can use youre target lock to re roll misses as card doesnt require you to spend target lock. they only cause one damage though.

c

#9 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

wish they could incorporate some kind of vector aspect into it, like what ever angle the missile hits from the ship moves in the opposite direction!! would be great for ionizing side huggers off the mat!!! 

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#10 Shanturin

Shanturin

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Also, as someone mentioned elsewhere, those have a great synergy with Flechette Torpedoes - if both hits they basicly shut down a ship - no boosts, no barrel rolls. Can be a nice setup combo to hunt down Defenders :P

May my blade be sharp. May I sculpt a new fate for my enemies.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS