Photo

How many ships of Wave 4 are you going to purchase?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Khyros

Khyros

Advocate of A & E Wings Everywhere

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Well, they will probably ship 4, maybe 6 per box.  And at $90 retail, that's $540.  But figure if MM can sell it at $60, then they're probably paying <45 for it, making their (and FLGS) cost per box at $270, assuming it's 6 per box.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#22 Winner

Winner

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

I'm looking at using the minis for RPG purposes.
Remember that Z-95s are used as planetary defense forces.. so therefore this is how it looks for me:

6 Z-95

3 E-Wing

4 Tie Defender

2-3 Tie Phantom

• RookiePilot likes this

Rebel Alliance: 6 [X-Wing], 3 [Y-Wing], 3 [A-Wing], 4 [B-Wing], 2 [HWK-290], 2 [YT-1300], 1 [GR75 Transport], 3 [CR90 Corvette], 7 [Z-95], 2 [E-Wing]

Empire: 10 [Tie Fighter], 2 [Tie Advanced], 10 [Tie Interceptor], 4 [Tie Bomber], 2 [Firespray-31], 3 [Lambda Shuttle], 2 [Tie Phantom], 3 [Tie Defender]

#23 QuinnCee

QuinnCee

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

I think initially I'll probably get something like:

3 - TIE Defenders

3 - TIE Phantoms

2 - Z-95s

3 - E-Wing

Edited by QuinnCee, 11 February 2014 - 01:30 PM.

Rebels: 5 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 5 A-Wing, 4 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK, 2 E-Wing, 4 Z-95, 1 GR-75, 1 Tantive IV

Empire: 1 TIE-A, 8 TIE, 7 TIE-I, 2 TIE-B, 2 TIE-D, 2 TIE-P, 1 Firespray 31

#24 E11EVEN

E11EVEN

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

I have only been in the game for a few months, so my Fleet is still expanding with what is out now. By the time Wave 4 comes out I should have what I need that is already out (plus one of each big ship and the Aces), so I am already planning.....

E-Wing  x4

Z-95      x5 (maybe 6?)

Tie-D    x3 (most likely 4)

Tie-Ph  x4

I will start out getting 2 of each, then build from there as my wallet allows.

Rebels: YT-1300; HWK-290 (2); A-Wing (2); B-Wing (2); E-Wing (2); X-Wing (3); Y-Wing (2); Z-95 (3)

Empire: Firespray (2); Lambda Class Shuttle; Tie-A; Tie (5); Tie-I (2); Tie-B (2); Tie-Def.; Tie Phtm (2)

#25 Gungo

Gungo

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

Since these ships are high point costs and I Don't like running 2 or 3 small ship builds.
1 defender, 1 Ewing these ships are elite ships w loads of options. 1 each Unless the defender has an amazing new movement.
1 phantom, I may purchase 1 more because 4 base atk is really good for 25 points.
2 z95. I doubt I'll use an alpha strike missle platform as a pure swarm list. The base xwing is still a better ship for the points compared to a z95 w a missle.

And of course I reserve judgement to purchase more based on any new cards we haven't seen.

#26 Spyral

Spyral

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Probably just one TIE Defender and Phantom to start. The Rebel ships don't interest me much, yet.

#27 AlexW

AlexW

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Just thought this would be a good thread to see what people say.

My plan right now is

2x E-wing

2x Z-95 (this could easily bump to 4 if the ship performs well)

2x TIE Defender

2x TIE Phantom

For an idea of where I'm coming from my collection is:

1xCore

3x X-wing Expansion

2x Y-wing Expansion

2x A-wing Expansion

3x B-wing Expansion

1 Falcon

1 HWK

3x TIE Expansion

3x TIE Int

1x Aces

2x TIE Advanced

3x TIE Bomber

2x Firespray

1x Shuttle

I also plan to get one of each huge ships.

How about everyone else?

Wow, your collection totals almost perfectly match mine, with the exception of the firespray, of which I have one and the B-wing (just 2).

I also plan to start with 2 of each expansion.

#28 SheepDog

SheepDog

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

Just thought this would be a good thread to see what people say.

My plan right now is

2x E-wing

2x Z-95 (this could easily bump to 4 if the ship performs well)

2x TIE Defender

2x TIE Phantom

For an idea of where I'm coming from my collection is:

1xCore

3x X-wing Expansion

2x Y-wing Expansion

2x A-wing Expansion

3x B-wing Expansion

1 Falcon

1 HWK

3x TIE Expansion

3x TIE Int

1x Aces

2x TIE Advanced

3x TIE Bomber

2x Firespray

1x Shuttle

I also plan to get one of each huge ships.

How about everyone else?

Wow, your collection totals almost perfectly match mine, with the exception of the firespray, of which I have one and the B-wing (just 2).

I also plan to start with 2 of each expansion.

Funny.  I just recently in last 2 weeks got the extra Firespray, B-wing, and TIE Bomber.  I was totally under the impression there wouldn't be anything new any time soon and wanted to fill out my fleet a bit.  I also picked up a solo X-wing siting there all by itself at Barnes and Noble looking lonely surrounded by A-wings, TIE Advanced, and other useless ships (just joking, it didn't look lonely).  So that number should be 4x X-wing.

I know Aces will be here soon, but was kind of let down that the transport hadn't been updated.  Had no clue that Wave 4 would be announced.

VERY EXCITED for this next wave.  Hope they have the timeline right.  It would be a big let down if it gets delayed.  But I'm really impressed with FFG.  They seem to have their ****   together.  Like someone said in another thread "A company of gamers for gamers". 

#29 Stonedog

Stonedog

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

4 Z95s and 2 of everything else.....I "try" to stay movie canon.....but....well....ya know!

#30 Chris Maes

Chris Maes

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

I will probably purchase the following:

1x Defender- with the Shapeways one I already have, that will give me 2 and I don't see a need for more.

1x Phantom- a pretty specialized ship, again, I do not think I will need more than one... we'll just have to wait and see.

1x Z-95- with the three (better looking ones) I have from Shapeways, that will give me four and I think that is plenty.

0-2x E-wing- not really a big fan of the design but I might have to buy at least one for completions sake.

Chris

#31 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

I have a good feeling that Wave 4 may drop at Gen Con this year.  That's why initially I'm looking to get 2 of everything in Wave 4 (Last year, FFG has a limit for purchase of 2 units through use of a "ticket system").  Once Wave 4 hits retail, that will change when more is known about Wave 4 as a whole.  With the news of Wave 4, I cannot wait for Gen Con. :)
That said, I'm very excited about the Headhunters and Phantoms, so I might bump those up to, at minimum, 4 - 5, and 3 - 4 TIE Defenders and E-wings.

#32 Breaking The Law

Breaking The Law

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Probably just pick up a couple e-wings, and a couple headhunters. If there is a viable imperial aces build featuring defenders/phantoms maybe get those. But I have been telling myself ill pick up an imperial ace build for almost a year and it has yet to happen.

The ewing looks pretty sick, so I need to get those. And since we have been escalating points lately, a pair of cheap missile boats might be a good option too.

#33 PhantomPilot

PhantomPilot

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Well, the TIE Defender just became my default X-Wing purchase if I don't know what else to get. So however many that means. Probably 1 Z-95 (not really a Rebel Swarm fan myself), but more if one of the pilots turns out to be Mara Jade. No real interest in the E-WIng (no offense, just not my kind of fighter), and a few TIE Defenders. Time to make Onyx Squadron from the CCG!

#34 SentinelNZ

SentinelNZ

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'm planning to get:

6x E-Wings
8-10x Z-95s
6x TIE Defenders
6x TIE Phantoms

I didn't think I'd be interested in ships that weren't from the OT, but I blew that when I bought 4 HWK-290s. Plus having multiple upgrade cards could be useful. I am the only one I know of in my aera that has X-Wing, so I try to make sure I have enough to share, also future proofing for when my son becomes old enough to play, I can gift half my ships to him.
  • aadh likes this

Rebel Alliance: 8 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 4 YT 1300's, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK 290's.
Galactic Empire: 14 TIE Fighters, 4 TIE Advanced, 14 TIE Interceptors (Including 3 sets of Imperial Aces), 4 Firepray-31's, 6 TIE Bombers, 4 Lambda Shuttles.

#35 Lord Ashram

Lord Ashram

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Maybe one of each. Possibly two z95s. I find that I auto limit my collections a bit.

#36 Rob Jedi

Rob Jedi

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Was talking to my local importer mate yesterday to make sure my order got in for the 1st stock wave. I'm going for 6 Z-95s, and 3 of each for the rest. Although 8 is possible in a Headhunter swarm I think it's overkill, chances are 5 is probably enough but I also like the look of the ship. I used to get 2 of each and 1 of the large but since I cracked and started doing repaints I kinda want more of each for customs, up to 5 X-wings already. Painted up 3 blue squadron B-wings on the weekend.

Rob_Jedi's Miniature Painting Blog   My Repaints   Armored Hull YT-1300   Imperial Transport

Rebels: Ax3  Bx3  Ex1  CRx1  GRx1  Hx2  Xx6  Yx3  YTx3  Zx3

Empire: FSx3  LSx1  TAx2  TBx2  TDx2  TFx7  TIx7  TPx1 

#37 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

Being all straight fighters, there's a lot of purchase potential. Bombers, missile-boats, two is fine; but Hot Machines? Who knows!

My initial notion is six Z-95s and two each of the rest. 

That could eventually ramp up to as many as eight plus fours, but I'll have to see how I like 'em.

#38 Araquay

Araquay

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

I'll get 1 of each to start. Eventually I may go to 2 of each.

4 X-wings, 1 Y-wing, 1 A-wing, 1 B-wing, 1 Z-95, 1 E-wing, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290, 1 GR-75, 1 CR-90

5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/X1, 4 TIE/IN, 1 TIE/SA, 1 TIE/D, 1 TIE/P, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 1 Firespray-31

Wishlist: Rebel: YT-2400 (Outrider)YKL-37R Nova Courier,  X-4 GunshipYT-2000 (Otana), , Action VI Transport (Wild Karrde); Imperial: Skipray Blastboat, VT-49 DecimatorYE-4 GunshipG-1A Starfighter (Mist Hunter), JumpMaster 5000 (Punishing One), Trilon Aggressor Assault Fighter (IG-2000), YV-666 (Hound's Tooth)

#39 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

A dozen Z's and six of each of the others. so thirty ships in total.

;)

Wow, are you like a meth dealer or just single?

That is alot of X-wing.  Not complaining, just blown away.

Very Single...and VERY Happy. I learned in my thirties to have girl friends, and not be a slave to anyone....just say'n.

;)

• oneway likes this

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#40 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Anyone know how much a case of tant4's will run?

I limit myself to $300 'ish  a month....

:P

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS