Eldar suppliment for Rogue Trader

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cogniczar

Cogniczar

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Ok, so I'm planning/writing an Eldar suppliment for Rogue Trader. The idea behind it is will be to play Eldar characters, using Corsairs, Aspect Warriors, etc. More or less I can manage that part for the first draft. 

EldarCover.png

What I need help with is void ships. Are there any examples of such in the Rogue Trader line? Any House Rules floating around the forums? I've done some preliminary searches but my search-fu seems to be pretty week at this point. As a GM, I've seldom gotten into the thick of ship design so I'm not completely behind making some rules myself without some input/inspiration from the community. If anyone has some ideas to toss around on the vessals of the Eldar, or interested in helping in this project in other areas, please let me know. 

I'm going to be keeping track of this project here and at Dark Reign at http://darkreign.org...?mode=post&f=46

#2 CaptainRemiVandigrath

CaptainRemiVandigrath

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

The most Eldar ships I've seen are in Battlefleet Koronus, but there are a couple interesting characters and a ship in Edge of the Abyss.  It's also possible that there are a couple ships in Into the Storm, but I don't have that book to confirm right now.

Sounds interesting, though I'm curious how you're going to deal with Eldar Corsair Captains being so much further down the Aspect lines than the other crews.

(Play Report)The Frozen Reaches: Tobias Caine turns an Ork Warboss into a Chair: http://community.fan...s-into-a-chair/

Worthy Allies and Adversaries: http://community.fan...nd-adversaries/

#3 Cogniczar

Cogniczar

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

Thanks. That is helpful. I do have Battlefleet Koronus, but I must have missed that (I got it a while ago). 

RIght now I'm in the brainstorming phase, but I'm trying to develop a system for the Eldar that somewhat falls under the idea of Elite Advancement per rank, to simulate the 'focus' mentality of the Eldar. 

#4 SirFrog

SirFrog

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

I know that /tg/ on 4chan did some houserules on Eldar characters, but I've heard it's from pre-6th Edition, so it's kind of lacking and somewhat lackluster.

http://0-media-cdn.f...48627227293.pdf

This should be a permalink to it, although should it go down, give me a shout.

• Cogniczar likes this

#5 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

You may want to look into something similar to how Black Crusade has structured its character advancement. Instead of worshipping the Chaos Gods to get specialties you could "devote" yourself to a Path for a set period of time (representing a Rank), making certain sets of skills cheaper for that period and others more expensive. Every Rank they can pick a new Path or stay on the existing one, with perhaps some Path Bonuses for staying on a certain path, but eventually locking out other Paths the longer they stay on their current one?

• Cogniczar likes this

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#6 Cogniczar

Cogniczar

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Thanks SirFrog for that link. I was not aware of that, and it will help to draw more inspiration from other sources.

Erathia - That's something I'm keen on doing. I'm going to work on it the project today, so i'll try to get an example up later on.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS