Who owns the ship?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Niklarus

Niklarus

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

Indeed! The only limits are your imagination! Believe in yourself! If that doesn't work then don't  believe in yourself, believe in me as I believe in you!

*borrows line from classic 80s song*  "Don't believe the church and state and everything they tell you./Believe in me -- I'm with the High Command."

#62 UHF

UHF

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

Indeed! The only limits are your imagination! Believe in yourself! If that doesn't work then don't  believe in yourself, believe in me as I believe in you!

*borrows line from classic 80s song*  "Don't believe the church and state and everything they tell you./Believe in me -- I'm with the High Command."
Mike and the Hydro Spanners?

This song is further off the beaten path; (Angelspit 100%)
"Bathing in your arrogance
Dining will ensue
God made me a cannibal
To fix problems like you"
  • Col. Orange likes this

#63 Lord Zack

Lord Zack

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

Would people in the real world charge their associates for transportation when undertaking a mutual venture?

Edited by Lord Zack, 16 February 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#64 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 6,188 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

Would people in the real world charge their associates for transportation when undertaking a mutual venture?

Hey, everybody need needs to chip in for gas, tolls, and (if applicable) parking. If I'm driving around for months on end, they're chipping in for maintenance costs too.

• Crimson Death likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#65 galacticbob

galacticbob

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

I thought I would drop in my 2 credits.  As a GM, it's boring to stop the action every time there's some minor (under 100 cred) payment that needs to be made.  I note that stuff down ("leaving Formos, customs fees on c600 cargo", etc.) and then when I distribute xp and creds later, the minor payments come out first.  That way ship maintenance, docking fees, customs, licenses, etc. are all handled after the session and not in the middle.  This works for both SW games that I've GMed (different systems) where the party is/is becoming a mutually-dependent group and is not one with a history of working together.  

If the payments come up in game for whatever reason, the players can RP that stuff out in game.  "What do you mean you need creds for a drink?"  "I used my last 15 yesterday to pay your stupid docking fee.  It was my turn, remember?"  Whether the captain is charging the crew for each hop, giving them a total bill at the end, they take turns paying, whatever; it's not necessary for us to track all those details in game unless it comes up.  This also gives the players more freedom to RP without trying to remember who has paid for what.  I use a similar system for misc. credits - if you are searching an Imperial official's office for loot, you may find "assorted small tech items worth around 50 credits" and I note that, and once your character has a chance to visit a merchant/marketplace/fence I will award you the credits.  There's no need to track this 5 credit datapad, and a 12 credit hyperspanner, etc.

As far as ship upgrades and crew payments go - I definitely leave that up to each group at any given point.  I have several suggestions on this thread, and they all work for different groups.  Personally, I prefer an approach that puts the focus on the characters and narratives and not so much on their pocketbooks and character sheets.   :-)

#66 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Hey, everybody need needs to chip in for gas, tolls, and (if applicable) parking. If I'm driving around for months on end, they're chipping in for maintenance costs too.

Gas, Grass or Ass, man! The hippie code!

• galacticbob likes this

#67 Col. Orange

Col. Orange

• Members
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

This song is further off the beaten path; (Angelspit 100%)
"Bathing in your arrogance
Dining will ensue
God made me a cannibal
To fix problems like you"

Off the beaten path, but not unknown.  :)

Edited by Col. Orange, 17 February 2014 - 07:26 AM.

What's written above is meant with love

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS