• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 grimmjow06

grimmjow06

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

Hello..

i´m new in this game so i have o lot of questions but one its make me crazy. OK..this is it.

WHo intimidate work´s???

ok this is an example that i want to clear...

My oponent atk with intimidate 8 on a military challenge

i declare defender with 6 str.

then i used my card frozen outpoust to make my defend character grow to 10 cause the war crest.

my oponent tell me that it dosent matter because when he atk my str was lower

But i not believe that, i think intimidate was canceled because my character is now stronger and i played the ability before the resolve.

can anybody explain me if im wrong or not??

#2 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

While a character with the “Intimidate” keyword is attacking, characters with a lower STR than that character do not count their STR for that challenge.

"While" means this is a constant effect, not an effect that is set once. When the challenge resolves, your character has 10 STR, so it's not affected by Intimidate (it wouldn't be affected if it had 8 either, since its strength would be equal, not lower). Compare Catelyn Stark (Core Set):

Response: After Catelyn Stark is declared as a defender, choose a participating character. For the duration of the challenge, that character does not count its STR.

Edited by Khudzlin, 11 February 2014 - 12:47 AM.

• mdc273 likes this

#3 Cwethan

Cwethan

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

For an example of what the rule would look like if your opponent was right, see Balon Greyjoy from Kings of the Sea.

#4 grimmjow06

grimmjow06

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

Thanks

So in a few words....i was right..once again Thanks

#5 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

You were mostly right. Intimidate really only matters or has any effect on the game during challenge resolution. STR changes before the challenge resolves count.

But be careful with your terminology. Intimidate wasn't "canceled" when you raised the defender's STR. It was still there to be contended with. Your opponent could have raised his character's STR above 10 or lowered your character's STR below 8, and Intimidate would kick in during resolution. If it had been "canceled," one would expect it to be gone entirely.

#6 grimmjow06

grimmjow06

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Ohhh ok ok...thanks

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS