Activity at ??? Streets

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mykul

Mykul

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

I am unclear as to what this means. I get a Mythos card that says there is activity at some streets. I put a marker there, but nothing ever seem to happen in the game at that location.  Am I missing something here? How does this get played?

#2 Schwaig

Schwaig

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

Can you name the actual card please or give a more accurate example?

#3 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:31 AM

Activity markers are used as reminder for places where something special is happening. Usually a street area you have to be in to pass a Rumor, or an area (street area or location) where some special effects due to the active Environment card can be triggered.

So, Mykull, the marker actually is just this. When you end your movement in a space with a marker, you can check on the linked-to-that-marker Mythos card what's going on.

Let me know if this clarifies your doubts

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#4 Musha Shukou

Musha Shukou

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

In the mythos card that says there is activity at some streets, there is always an explanation for what the activity is in the text of the mythos card. For example, there's a mythos card that says, "the first player to end their movement at South Church is blessed." This mythos card would show "Activity at South Church."

Also, most Rumor mythos cards involve an activity marker where players have to spend their encounter phase at a specific location to spend or sacrifice certain items to pass the Rumor.

Edited by Musha Shukou, 11 February 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#5 Mykul

Mykul

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

I should have looked closer. This particular card had an environment which referenced something going on at that location which the players could have done.

Thanks for the help.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS