• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,690 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

Nothing posted so far, so it's ok you didn't find anything.

And no idea of when they will be released, sorry buddy

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#22 silversun101

silversun101

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

Can you use Lore to buy Victory Points? In the Learing Scenario it states that Lore is only used to earn Victory Points, with 4 Lore = I VP. However, this is not mentioned anywhere under the full rules when explaining "Lore in Detail", nor is it found anywhere in the Glossary. So, was that Lore for VP rule JUST for the Learning Scenario? Or can you exchange Lore for VP in the full game as well?

Edited by silversun101, 22 July 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#23 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,690 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Lore for VP was just a special rule for the learning scenario. Lore can be spent only to play lore cards or to "pay for an effect": for instance removing a status token (stun, for example) from one of your units, as described on the different Unit Reference Cards.

For any doubt about lore, check the Ref Guide, pag. 6, under Lore

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#24 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

Agreed.  The bit about buying VP with Lore is even mentioned in a box called "Lore in the Learning Scenario" (or something close to that), and states that in the learning scenario you can do that.  The main purpose is that you don't use Lore cards in the learning scenario, so it lets Lore be used for SOMEthing (other than removing Poison).

Edited by sigmazero13, 22 July 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#25 VolksFest

VolksFest

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

Nothing posted so far, so it's ok you didn't find anything.

And no idea of when they will be released, sorry buddy

Hello. I hate to seem to be grave digging but could someone clarify if the FAQ is coming or not? 

Last post dates 4 months prior, and then nothing...   :huh:

Imagination rules the world.

Napoleon Bonaparte

#26 hoffmant99

hoffmant99

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:09 PM

How many lore cards can be played? The rules say you may play one, does this mean you can play more than one or only one?

#27 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,690 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:39 AM

"May" implies you are not forced to play a lore card in a given round; "one" implies you cannot play 2 or more in the same round

Edited by Julia, 11 December 2014 - 06:39 AM.

#28 sigmazero13

sigmazero13

Rules Geek

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

"May" implies you are not forced to play a lore card in a given round; "one" implies you cannot play 2 or more in the same round

One minor correction to this.  You cannot play more than one card in the same TURN, not the same round.

You can play one on your own turn and one on your opponent's turn in the same round, just not two cards during any given player's turn.

• Julia likes this

#29 hoffmant99

hoffmant99

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

Thanks, the Battlore Command app allows for you to play more than one lore card when attacking - though it's a different game. I've always thought it was a lore card a turn (and another during your opponent's turn) but just got confused along the way. :)

Could you imagine darken skies + enchanted arrows + assault if you could play more than one lore card = at least nine wounds if all targets within range of 8 hexes from 3 archers who did not move! Beast mode!

#30 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,690 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:54 AM

One minor correction to this.  You cannot play more than one card in the same TURN, not the same round.

You can play one on your own turn and one on your opponent's turn in the same round, just not two cards during any given player's turn.

Yeah, correct, thanks Scott. I didn't remember exactly if turn vs round was defined in BT. But anyway, it wasn't that wrong since it "you" the subject: you opponent is certainly not "you" :P

Anyhoo, one card may played by Daqan, one card may be played by Uthuk, then moved to the next round

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS