Which ancient one is the toughest?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:53 AM

To the extent influential politicians, world famous actresses, psychics, secret agents, shamans, and martial arts masters are all ordinary people of course. :)

They are, compared to what they're about to face.

#22 Nainphy

Nainphy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

I think ricedwlit wants to say they don't have any supernatural powers. Though Akachi has supernatural powers (if you read her story) and Diana has a vast knowledge about the occult. AND all investigators are capable of casting spells.

Well, at least they are not a batman nor a superman. Hahahaha!

#23 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Casting a spell is not a supernatural power, it's a matter of knowledge and practice.

#24 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

I think ricedwlit wants to say they don't have any supernatural powers. Though Akachi has supernatural powers (if you read her story) and Diana has a vast knowledge about the occult. AND all investigators are capable of casting spells.

And Jacqueline is psychic of course, which I'd say is actively better than Batman.

#25 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

And Jacqueline is psychic of course, which I'd say is actively better than Batman.

Let's hope she won't become a Phychic also in this incarnation :P

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#26 Wolfgar

Wolfgar

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

Yeah, no more misspellings this go around. Now she'll just be the Ficus.

#27 coldpheasant

coldpheasant

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

My group likes to play spellcasters, so Yog is definitely the easiest so far (2 for 2 with a lot of doom and mythos cards to spare).  We haven't lost to Cthulhu yet either (also 2 for 2), but the games were a lot closer.  We are 1/1 against Shub.  The first time she destroyed us utterly before turn 7.  The second time we handles her quite easily.  We have played against Azathoth about 6 times (and I have played solo vs Azathoth maybe 5 times) and we have yet to win (though we did have to quit 2 or 3 times before finishing). 

Azathoth has two effects that can make you reshuffle mysteries.  The (spoilers) Tunguska mystery takes multiple turns to complete with one investigator or requires multiple investigators getting out to that god-forsaken place in the middle of nowhere.  But worse than that is the mystery that makes you close a gate cooinciding with a certain omen >_<.  That one is brutal.  Most other mysteries in the game can be solved in one or two turns once you've beefed up.

So my order of difficulty: Azathoth, Shub, Cthulhu, Yog.

#28 C2K

C2K

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

Azathoth has two effects that can make you reshuffle mysteries.  The (spoilers) Tunguska mystery takes multiple turns to complete with one investigator or requires multiple investigators getting out to that god-forsaken place in the middle of nowhere.  But worse than that is the mystery that makes you close a gate cooinciding with a certain omen >_<.  That one is brutal.  Most other mysteries in the game can be solved in one or two turns once you've beefed up.

To be fair, thats all Azathoth really has.  He is incredibly passive and playing against him is close to playing against just the game itself. 

I will agree its strong, but if you take all of that away from Az, he would be a pushover. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS