Salamander solo mode doesn't make sense

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 axman

axman

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

It seems to me that the salamander solo mode advancements don't make much sense. At rank 3 they gain a fire resistance but why would that go away when in squad mode? It feels more like it should be a passive ability and always in effect. similar for the rank 7 ability to set fire's that do more damage.

The rank 3 ability seems totally pointless too. No cohesion damage when taking a damage effect that would normally do so but i can only find cohesion damage effects that woek when used on a SM in squad mode

Pg 212 main rulebook states

When a battle brother is in squad mode, every time his char suffers 10 or more damage (before redution from armour and toughness) hiss kill team will lose 1 point of cohesion.

This is the only ref i can find that reduces cohesion through damage.

Am i missing something here folks???

Vince

#2 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

Yes, the Rites of Battle rules of passive Solo Mode Abilities. It basically means that passive abilities are in effect at all times.

Alex

• Kshatriya likes this

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS