Biggs ... and Wedge.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 clanmccracken

clanmccracken

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

Hello everyone, I'm new to the game and the community.

I recently bought the starter kit and will be expanding soon, I was thinking about running a Biggs and Wedge combo, but I have no idea what I would put with them. Do you have any good ideas? Perhaps a Y-wing?

Thanks for the Help.

#2 cubby09

cubby09

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:46 AM

advice from another novice: Its a good combo but know that wedge is always the main target (afterbiggs dies). try to fly biggs a bit farther back from your other ships. that way opposing ships will be (hopefully) firing at him at range three. a popular combo is Biggs, wedge, Luke with some assortment of upgrades and R2D2. Some people put R2 on the Biggs. I prefer to put him on Luke with a shield upgrade and draw their fire. that way i can mitigate some of the crits landed on Biggs. Its also been run with Biggs equipped with R2F2.

"I can hold it.....no, I'm alrigh......agghhh!" 

-The Death of Porkins

Imperial 1 Tie advanced, 1interceptor, 1 bomber, 1 firespray, 2 Lambda, 7 ties, 2 aces

Rebel 4 x-wings, 2 y-wings, 3 b-wing, 1 HWK, 2 Falcons, 3 A-wing, GR-75

#3 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

Wedge /w Swarm Tactics (remember to use it)

Biggs

Rookie Pilot x2

Try it out, its fun. :)

#4 Khyros

Khyros

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

During Wave 2, I was a big fan of 

Wedge w/ PTL + R2

Biggs

Rookie x2

But as I fell out of favor with PTL, I stopped running it.  It still puts out the hurt though.  I'm not a big fan of ST on Wedge because he's always target #1 (well, besides Biggs).  So that means your other guys are safe from dreaded dying before shooting that ST counters.  I know people say it's good so Biggs can shoot a second time before he dies, but in the above list, there's 2 points remaining... I'd rather combine that with the 2 points from ST for R2D2 or a SU, or even a Stealth device, keeping one point for init.

The fleet:  

Spoiler

#5 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

Luke Skywalker (+ R2D2 + Draw Their Fire + Engine Upgrade) is SUPERB alongside Biggs.

• Keep Biggs protecting Wedge, and Luke protecting Biggs, but have Luke be in front so that they have to choose between shooting at Biggs or shooting at one of the most survivable pilots in the game. Splitting their fire leads to more damage in the long run.
  • If Luke's shields need a few turns to regenerate, return him to the Biggs umbrella.
  • If Biggs would take a Critical Hit (to shields or hull), use Draw Their Fire to have it hit Luke's shields instead. One green maneuver later, and that Crit's been fully negated.

Yes, you could theoretically do this with Wedge instead of Luke, but Luke's free 1/2 of a defensive focus at every attack pushes him into Firespray levels of survivability, whereas Wedge is more likely to be focused down due to his purely damaging ability.

#6 PS10

PS10

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

Jep I agree with what others are telling.

But if you would like some other ships than the 3-4 x-wings, the B-wing is a solid option for extra firepower. I would almost say if flying 3 small rebel ships you should absolutely think about including a B-wing.

Also worth noting that the A-wing also has some great options. Plus all the cool kids play A-wings!

Edited by PS10, 10 February 2014 - 08:37 AM.

Arvel Crynyd - "AAAAaaaahHHHH!"

Green Squadron

#7 Keffisch

Keffisch

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

During Wave 2, I was a big fan of 

Wedge w/ PTL + R2

Biggs

Rookie x2

But as I fell out of favor with PTL, I stopped running it.  It still puts out the hurt though.  I'm not a big fan of ST on Wedge because he's always target #1 (well, besides Biggs).  So that means your other guys are safe from dreaded dying before shooting that ST counters.  I know people say it's good so Biggs can shoot a second time before he dies, but in the above list, there's 2 points remaining... I'd rather combine that with the 2 points from ST for R2D2 or a SU, or even a Stealth device, keeping one point for init.

I prefer to use Swarm to boost that Rookie though, so the PS in the Combat Phase ends up at 9/9/5/2.
That has blown many a single ship out of the game, before it got to shoot. :)

• Lappenlocker likes this

#8 clanmccracken

clanmccracken

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

Thank you for the input, I will take your input into consideration.

#9 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:53 AM

I've been running what I call The Trench Run Trio using Luke, Wedge & Biggs in the following configuration:

Luke with Vet Instincts, R2D2 & Shield Upgrade

Wedge with Swarm Tactics & R2

Biggs with R2F2 & Stealth Device

I know that Draw Their Fire is the preferred talent for Luke in this list but in my experience Biggs dies to normal hits way more than critical hits and having a PS10 pilot on my side is more useful to me. With Wedge using Swarm Tactics on Biggs, that gives me a PS10 and 2 PS9 pilots shooting in the combat phase. There have been games I've played where Luke, equipped as above, is my only ship left and facing 3-4 enemy ships and has come out on top at the end of the game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS