Photo

Are you looking forward to seeing Moria again?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Cunir

Cunir

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

So it looks like we're going to get a single quest to cover all the events in moria, in the new saga box.
Are you looking forward to going back again, seeing as we've already had a whole cycle about it?
I quite like moria and its one of my favourite bits of the book, so i'm pretty happy that we're going back. I think i would have even preferred it if we had more than one quest. Its going to be pretty difficult for them to cram everything into a single quest — i wonder how they're going to do it.

It will probably be split up into stages, first of all a big mass fight at balins tomb, then a mad dash through to the bridge, and then we're going to have to have a big fight at the end with the balrog. I reckon they will have gandalf as an objective card, and we will have to keep him alive until the final stage so he can dispatch the balrog. We might be able to sacrifice him to take the balrog out, then it will just be a battle against normal enemies to get out the gate

Edited by Cunir, 09 February 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#2 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

I am.
"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#3 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

The quests in Moria are some of my favourites of the game so far. Given how thematic the Black Riders quests felt, I'm looking forward to seeing what a saga-Quest in moria is like.

#4 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

I would gladly return to Moria (or rather is its gate) in The Battle of Azanulbizar;) nice if in future show up   this scenario (in print of demnad as the Stone of Erech) - great battle between dwarfs and orcs (with battle keywords) with their leader at the forefront - Azog.

#5 13thcaesar

13thcaesar

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

I like scenarios such as the Battle of Five Armies or The Siege Of Cair Andros. it was cool to see more such scenarios.

#6 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Which quest do you think are coming? I think:

1st: Caradrhas

2nd: Moria

3rd: Battle against Uruk Hais

:)

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#7 John85

John85

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Which quest do you think are coming? I think:

1st: Caradrhas

2nd: Moria

3rd: Battle against Uruk Hais

:)

They've already been announced on the About page:

The three scenarios of The Road Darkens bring you as close to Frodo Baggins and his fantastic struggles as you can get without finding mountain snow on your jacket or finding yourself standing face-to-face with a Balrog.

In The Ring Goes South, you must help Frodo and his companions find passage through the hills of Hollin and the snows that follow them into the Misty Mountains. Along the way, you’ll be harassed by wargs and regiments of dark crows. You’ll have to find the Doors of Durin, and you’ll have to survive a combat with the deadly Watcher in the Water.

Then, in Journey in the Dark, you must find your way as quickly as possible through the Mines of Moria, but your way won’t be easy! There are many roads to choose from, hordes of Orcs lurk in the depths and the darkness, and there are far older and fouler things that you must also face.

Finally, Breaking of the Fellowship relates a select sequence of events from the final chapters of The Fellowship of the Ring. When Frodo disappears, the rest of your fellowship must track him down. Their desperate efforts may lead them in different directions, and some may not return.

Edited by John85, 09 February 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#8 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

Thanks, i didn't noticed.

PD: uf, lucky. I was been to start a new post about suggestions. lol. Thanks.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#9 Noccus

Noccus

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

I for one am quite happy to go to Moria again.
Moria in the book always fascinated me....Balrog....nameless ones...endless stairs...and so on.
"Not all those who wander are lost"

#10 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

I'm excited for it, I think they'll be able to draw from some of their past successes to make the scenarios really fun to play; for example "journey in the dark" sounds like it may tie together elements from the long dark, escape from moria, and shadow and flame.

I think what interests me the most is "the breaking of the fellowship" it sounds like its going to be a really interesting, quest mechanic wise, other than just a battle with some uruks that they could have gone with

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#11 Karlson

Karlson

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Given how thematic the Black Riders quests felt, I'm looking forward to seeing what a saga-Quest in moria is like.

Agreed.  They really hit the nail on the head with each of the three Black Riders quests, and while we are revisiting many of the old locations and enemies, I know it will have a different feel to it and apply more specifically to the Fellowship's struggles.  I must admit, however, that I am most excited for the final quest in this Saga Expansion, The Breaking of the Fellowship.  It's a bit rushed and mostly told in hindsight in Tolkien's novel, but it's my favorite scene in all three of the Lord of the RIngs movies.  I'm very curious to see how they handle it, whether or not they stay in the literature and corrupt Boromir or have the more ambiguous option to make any of the heroes fall to the power of the ring.  

#12 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 731 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Given how thematic the Black Riders quests felt, I'm looking forward to seeing what a saga-Quest in moria is like.

Agreed.  They really hit the nail on the head with each of the three Black Riders quests, and while we are revisiting many of the old locations and enemies, I know it will have a different feel to it and apply more specifically to the Fellowship's struggles.  I must admit, however, that I am most excited for the final quest in this Saga Expansion, The Breaking of the Fellowship.  It's a bit rushed and mostly told in hindsight in Tolkien's novel, but it's my favorite scene in all three of the Lord of the RIngs movies.  I'm very curious to see how they handle it, whether or not they stay in the literature and corrupt Boromir or have the more ambiguous option to make any of the heroes fall to the power of the ring.  

In the preview article they have the treachery "fallen into evil" which appears as though it will serve the purpose of representing corruption within our own ranks.  Not enough of the card is really shown to see if it is just a 1 turn effect or if the hero affected will stay "evil", but I like the mechanic and it will be interesting to see what else they include to show the power and lure of the ring in this pivotal moment of the story

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#13 John85

John85

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

In the preview article they have the treachery "fallen into evil" which appears as though it will serve the purpose of representing corruption within our own ranks.  Not enough of the card is really shown to see if it is just a 1 turn effect or if the hero affected will stay "evil", but I like the mechanic and it will be interesting to see what else they include to show the power and lure of the ring in this pivotal moment of the story

It occurs to be that the spoiled corruption treachery (Lust for the Ring) is a Condition attachment, and that the new Elrond ally can remove conditions from characters. I wonder if this combo could be used to avoid the "fall" of one of the Fellowship (maybe the "Burden" status of that condition, or its text make it immune to condition removal.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS