• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jbsprague85

jbsprague85

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Bifur's ability reads:

While you control at least 5 Dwarf characters, Bifur gains: "Response: After you play Bifur from your hand, draw 2 cards." 

If I have 4 dwarfs in play, and then play Bifur, does he count as the 5th dwarf for his own ability? Would I be able to draw 2 cards?

#2 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

no. The 5 dwarfs need to be in play at the time of playing the card form your hand. By the time he hits the table to make the total 5, the response window has closed and has effect fizzled.

You need 5 on the table BEFORE you play him.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#3 alogos

alogos

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Answered here :

http://community.fan...n-5-dwarf-rule/

Because it's say "AFTER you play", it does. Gloin is the same, but for Dwalin, reducing is cost, it is obviously before.

#4 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Yes, true. If it is a response, so it is 'after' the action: then yes. You control in that moment 5 dwarfs and the response is triggered.

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#5 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Answered here :

http://community.fan...n-5-dwarf-rule/

Because it's say "AFTER you play", it does. Gloin is the same, but for Dwalin, reducing is cost, it is obviously before.

that is the most retarded ruling I have seen in a long time. No way am I playing that. Terrible work there from the main dudes. I simply can not believe it. It makes sense rule wise.. but it is just a terrible designed card.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#6 Chris51261

Chris51261

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

1. Don't say things are retarded, it's not acceptable.
2. How is that one of the worst rulings you've ever seen? Just seems like more dwarven synergy to me.
  • Huntress likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS