Question of scale....please help if you can

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Roy Stone

Roy Stone

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

In recent years I have become familiar with an expression among the forums: True Scale. It was something that became clear when I saw the Inquisitor game and Brother Captain Artemis charging at Eisenhorn.

Space Marines are big! Most humans only reaching as high as their chest.

But I've no intention of converting Space Marines into True Scale, only to have to repeat the process for Chaos Space Marines. Instead, I'd rather collect humans, mutants and warp spawned nightmares which are themselves True Scale in comparison to the Space Marines.

I'd really like to use Khurasan Miniatures, ClearHorizon Miniatures, Rebel Minis and other 15mm miniatures. But 20mm seems a more sensible choice as that should get the humans up to a Space Marine's chest.

If any of you have some human miniatures from Khurasan, ClearHorizon, Rebel, GZG, 15mm.co.uk, Armies Army or any 1/72 scale models....and at least one Space Marine in Power Armour....please could you post a picture of them standing side-by-side. Preferably with their feet at the same level.

Edited by Roy Stone, 08 February 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Yeah, the size of Space Marine minis has remained 'fixed' while everything else has increased in scale. I've bought a few Reaper and Malefaux minis that tower over SMs... I don't own any minis from the lines you mentioned, so I can't help you out there. My only suggestion is, if those don't work out for you, try 'building up' the bases of your SMs/CSMs to exaggerate their height compared to mortals...

Edited by Adeptus-B, 09 February 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#3 Roy Stone

Roy Stone

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

That is an option I hadn't considered.

I must admit I really like Infinity, Malifaux and Mantic (Deadzone) miniatures. I'm also keen on Dystopian Legions for some Steampunk Imperial Guard. All four of these I've seen images for standing tall (literally) next to Space Marines. Spartan Games Dystopian Legions does present one hope for a possible Space Marine, but there isn't many options for them:

734762_10151224275187161_1082579312_n.jp

If there becomes more choice, then I might get some Steampunk Space Marines.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS