Organising ALL of your cards...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dungy

dungy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

What do you reckon is the best way to organise your cards?

In sets and expansions numerically?

In Factions/Corps?

In card types? (and then numerically or by faction/corps?)

What have many of you found to be the most useful?

At the moment mine is separated by core set and expansions... 

Do you keep then in binders for easy looking??

:o/

seems trivial i know but... still :o)

#2 CommissarFeesh

CommissarFeesh

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

Personally I use a Core set box with the inner inverted. One side for Runner, one for Corp, collected by faction. I keep meaning to inventory them and sort factions by something (maybe set number or type/subtype) but never get around to it.

#3 dungy

dungy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

That's how I have it at the moment... But it's kinda doing my head in...

I think I may well have all the ice together organised faction/alphabetically... all the agendas together by faction/alphabetically... etc...

#4 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

I used to have everything in set/# order, divided in half by Runner/Corp.

I recently switched to sorting by Faction/Card Type/A-Z and that's working well, after I realized my pure card# order was a holdover from AGOT, which just doesn't work for me in terms of faction breakdown. (Too many cards that are part of multiple factions, and too many supposedly-neutral cards which referenced factions in their text.) 

#5 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

Side/Faction/Type/Name

In alphabetical order on all levels except Identities are sorted before the other Card Types in each Faction.

#6 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

I use old-school cardboard trading card boxes. I sleeve all of my cards.

I organize by faction, and within faction, by release number (so Core Set, then Genesis Cycle, then C+C, then Spin Cycle, etc).

#7 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

Split into Runner/Corp in different boxes. Each are split into Factions. Corp are ordered ID, Agenda, ICE, Operations, Assets and then Upgrades. Within card type they are in set and then number order. Runners are ordered by ID, Programs, Hardware, Resources and then Events.

• agedsuperdave likes this

#8 ProfMoriarty

ProfMoriarty

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

Binder guy here:

Corp binder: all IDs up front, then sorted by faction, then type, then set, then numerical in set.

Runner binder: same

Future prognosis:

One binder per faction, all IDs up front, sorted by type, then alphabetical (at 8+ data packs, I'm already thinking organizing by set is not providing a lot of value.  It was nice when I knew which set things were associated with, but the card volume is enough now I'm thinking more in terms of card name than set name).  The downside of this, of course, is that every time a data pack comes out I will have to redo just about every binder page.  So we'll see if I stick to this or not.

I do have a friend who just does straight alphabetical across the whole thing, largely because he builds decks using online tools so that sorting order helps when it comes time to actually build the deck.

#9 RuneSmith

RuneSmith

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

I am in process of creating a themed box to hold and transport my game. I plan on storing cards by faction/corp and then by set and number.

#10 Smilingknight

Smilingknight

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

I sort by faction and card type ordered by install / rez / advance cost

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS