Wave 4 meta?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 onebit

onebit

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Rebel swarm won't develop unless the rebels get a Howlrunner.

Etahn isn't equivalent to Howlrunner. He converts hits to crits. Howlrunner converts misses to hits.

Edited by onebit, 08 February 2014 - 10:37 AM.

Everything you need to know about X-Wing Wave 4San Diego X-Wing

#22 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Etahn isn't equivalent to Howlrunner. He converts hits to crits. Howlrunner converts misses to hits.

However, Z-95 comes with a free Target Lock, so Etahn's ability might be more useful.

Also, Kyle, Garven, "Dutch", and Lando would like to have a word with you.

However, let's wait for the rest of the pilots to be revealed.

#23 dvor

dvor

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

However, Z-95 comes with a free Target Lock,

Care to explain?

To me it seems like it has the TL action in the action bar. Like the X-Wing. Unlike the TIE Fighter. Nothing more.

X-wing is played over a series of game rounds. Turn is a type of maneuver.

#24 mazz0

mazz0

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

However, Z-95 comes with a free Target Lock, so Etahn's ability might be more useful.
Also, Kyle, Garven, "Dutch", and Lando would like to have a word with you.
However, let's wait for the rest of the pilots to be revealed.

Those pilots don't help whole swarms, they only help,one other ship. Howlrunner helps the whole swarm.

What's this about a free target lock?

#25 DraconPyrothayan

DraconPyrothayan

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

However, Z-95 comes with a free Target Lock,

Care to explain?

To me it seems like it has the TL action in the action bar. Like the X-Wing. Unlike the TIE Fighter. Nothing more.

I meant that the Z-95 comes with a Target Lock action, and needs the Howlrunner half of one less than the Ties do.

#26 oneway

oneway

Imperial Bomber Pilot

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

I get the feeling they releasing the higher point cost ships along near enough with Epic rules... anyone think it is linked?

Yeah, something tells me the new stuff is going to push the new formats and rules a bit. It will be interesting to see how, but frankly I'm just excited to be able to fly these new TIEs.

Side note, I think you can tell a person's childhood gaming by their opinion of the look of the Phantom and Defender. If they hate them, then they likely didn't play TIE Fighter or Rebel Strike II. Poor deprived souls…

I get the feeling they releasing the higher point cost ships along near enough with Epic rules... anyone think it is linked?

Yeah, something tells me the new stuff is going to push the new formats and rules a bit. It will be interesting to see how, but frankly I'm just excited to be able to fly these new TIEs.

Side note, I think you can tell a person's childhood gaming by their opinion of the look of the Phantom and Defender. If they hate them, then they likely didn't play TIE Fighter or Rebel Strike II. Poor deprived souls…
Heeeeeeey.... I played neither of those games and I think the Defender is gorgeous.. lol.. I did read a lot of the EU comics and books though..

That Phantom is pretty sexy too..

Edited by oneway, 08 February 2014 - 02:20 PM.

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice

181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#27 Captain_Arrr

Captain_Arrr

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Unless something changes in the meta this wont change much. I agree the rebels will have 1 to 2 support ships and several z95s. The new TIEs will not be used in competitive play. It will still come down to who has the most hull wins.

#28 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

I think it is a little early to say that. We don't know what all the upgrades do. And some of those Elite Talents sound fun.

The Z-95 will obviously have a fill role. The E-wing has potential. It's list of upgrades is going to make it a very versatile ship, between Sensors and Astromechs, which we are getting quite a few new ones between now and Wave 4. The Defender really depends on what it's new maneuver is. A white K-turn would make it very, very deadly. The Phantom has a lot of unknowns. A 4 primary weapon is nothing we have experienced before. And without the dial or what Cloak does, it is impossible to determine how good it will function. Crew + Sensors could create some fascinating options.

All I know, I'm excited. Because of these new ships, and the boosts to older ships. New Astromechs and what looks like a nice, cheap Torpedo means I'm reexamining the X-wing and Y-wing.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS