Wave 5 speculation

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#141 Revanchist

Revanchist

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

I believe the ship pictured on the Etahn card is a Razor-class fighter:http://starwars.wiki...ass_starfighter

For the ten millionth time, I state again: Eating A'Boat is shooting at Yevethan D-types.
Imperial: 5 TIE/ln, 1 TIE/adv, 5 TIE/in, 1 TIE/sa, 2 TIE/d, 1 TIE/ph, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda
Rebel: 3 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 2 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 1 E-wing, 2 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

#142 dvor

dvor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

One thing I am pretty sure about: At least one of the imperial wave 5 ships has a missile slot. Why? Because rebel aces includes a new missile.

X-wing is played over a series of game rounds. Turn is a type of maneuver.

#143 Nevetz

Nevetz

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

Sith Infiltrator?

Spoiler

Sith Fury class from SWTOR?

Spoiler

Sith Frigate?

Spoiler

#144 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Validating
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

A ship 20 years out of the era FFG's doing, a ship 3000 years out, and a ship that dwarves the Tantive that's 3000 years out.

#145 Nevetz

Nevetz

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

A ship 20 years out of the era FFG's doing, a ship 3000 years out, and a ship that dwarves the Tantive that's 3000 years out.

You really hate antiquity.

#146 Revanchist

Revanchist

• Members
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

The Infiltrator could work, since the GCW era Inquisitor Valin Draco flew one (the Scimitar itself, actually).
Imperial: 5 TIE/ln, 1 TIE/adv, 5 TIE/in, 1 TIE/sa, 2 TIE/d, 1 TIE/ph, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda
Rebel: 3 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 2 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 1 E-wing, 2 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

#147 nekomatafuyu

nekomatafuyu

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

Random thought: Are there any ships that are used by both factions? I certainly wouldn't be against ships being released which contain 2 or 3 pilot cards for both factions.

Imperial: 5x TIE/LN, 3x TIE/IN, 3x TIE/sa, 1x TIE/x1, 1x TIE/D, 2x Lambda, 1x Firespray, 1x VT-49 (pending)
Rebel: 4x X-Wing, 1x Y-Wing, 2x A-Wing, 1x B-Wing, 1x YT-1300, 1xYT-2400 (pending)

#148 akodo1

akodo1

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

Has a Dreadnaught been mentioned?  Not as exciting as SD but still fits the scale for tabletop.  

I am not sure the Dreadnaught fits the table.  

Imperial Star Destroyer = 1600m

Dreadnaught ship from Katana Fleet = 600m

CR-90 = 150m

I could see at most something just under 2X the CR-90 being on the table, but not something 4X in size.

#149 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Has a Dreadnaught been mentioned?  Not as exciting as SD but still fits the scale for tabletop.  

I am not sure the Dreadnaught fits the table.  

Imperial Star Destroyer = 1600m

Dreadnaught ship from Katana Fleet = 600m

CR-90 = 150m

I could see at most something just under 2X the CR-90 being on the table, but not something 4X in size.

Something Carrack or Lancer Size, and a Neb-B is the biggest ship probably that will see

#150 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Validating
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

You really hate antiquity.

Just stating the facts. Anyone who thinks FFG's going to start making TOR ships isn't thinking it through.

#151 paul1

paul1

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

I remember reading a book of short stories a long time ago for the bounty hunters "tales of the bounty Hunters" other bounty hunter ships would be awesome. Pilots IG-88, Tray'Essek, Dengar, etc

#152 BrotherZaah

BrotherZaah

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

How has no one mentioned the Wild Karrde?

What about the Pulsar Skate?

As for an Imperial large, a Lancer might be possible but its still considerably bigger than a blockade runner.

#153 Conandoodle

Conandoodle

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

I would love to see some ground or air units, such as the AT-ATs or AT-STs, or even the Snowspeeder and the Cloud Car. That would actually spice up my gameplay.

That would require an entirely new game for ground combat. There was a big thread about that not long ago. Would love to see it, but it doesn't fit x-wing.

Edit: here it is, so as not to derail wave 5 speculation

http://community.fan...+ground +combat

I mentioned this idea in a previous post but Hugo Y has a great point!

When you think about it, we already have a solid range fighters, the empire is lacking some larger ships to match the Tantive IV and the space capable OT property has all but been exhausted (I can't see us getting a Star Destroyer on the table).

I understand the 'flight path' system isn't perfect for a ground based game but it opens up so many options. Empire gets its large vehicles (AT-AT, AT-ST), we get a few more recognisable and lovable OT vehicles (snowspeeders) and a bunch of new scenarios to play.

Who wouldn't want to recreate the Battle of Hoth, have fighters pitting themselves against mobile heavy turrets like AT-ATs or Tie Bombers trying to complete ground based bombing runs. The X-wing series by Michael Stackpole (I'm not going to acknowledge the Aaron Aliston ones) provided plenty of examples where fighters fought in ground based operations.

It's a fresh game experience which still adheres to the current system, ties in nicely with the current range and avoids filling the table with obscure EU vehicles that perform similarly to current models.

In addition to this, many of us have played some 40K in our day and may have enjoyed the modelling side of the hobby. I fit this group. Yesterday I made some plasticard Death Star turrets, today I'll make some asteroids (and hopefully one day, some space debris) but that about seems the limit. Modelling is very limited in the current game. Creating ground based objectives, obstacles such as mountain tops and crash ruins might help attract more players and make for some great thematic experiences.   

I would welcome this as opposed to drowning in EU scraps.

In support of the above, check out DB Draft's recent post here.

Edited by Conandoodle, 18 May 2014 - 01:32 AM.

I'm a noob ..please be gentle.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS