• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#41 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

I don't believe we'll see a TIE Avenger in any future wave. Unless I've got it all wrong the TIE Avenger is another name for the TIE Advanced and we already have that. Vader flies the TIE Advanced x1 but the other pilots are listed as TIE Advanced on the cards. It is unfortunate that the model is wrong for the TIE Avenger/Advanced.

Sort of? It has been referred to as a TIE Advanced, but several other prototypes were as well. However not only is the model for a TIE Avenger wrong, but so is the dial as the Avenger was also the successful attempt to make a fighter with TIE Fighter maneuverability and a hyperdrive. Plus it also had twice as many laser cannons as the X1 so it would at least have 3 attack dice, not the 2 everything in the pack has.

So as unfortunate as it may be, I still don't think any of the ships in there are Avengers. I do really want me an Avenger though. Never a big fan of the X1's.

Title cards my friend. Title cards. They will be in the Imperial Warmachine card pack. 3-4 titles/ mods for the advanced in all it's glory, 1-2 for interceptors, and 2-3 varied tie models.

Edited by Rakky Wistol, 07 February 2014 - 11:13 PM.

#42 spindown

spindown

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

The Death Star! Lol

At the game's current 1/270 scale the Death Star I would have a diameter of about 1,450 feet/450 meters, which is the height of the Empire State Building. Wow, I never realized how big the Death Star *really* is.

Edited by spindown, 07 February 2014 - 11:38 PM.

• Rakky Wistol and LeoHowler like this

#43 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

The Grey

• Members
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

Yes... The Death Star is big enough at scale that every Xwing player on the planet could be playing a game on its surface at the same time(or close enough). Now we just have to figure out where to build it and work on gravity sustainability.

Edited by Rakky Wistol, 07 February 2014 - 11:41 PM.

• Aridia 97th and aadh like this

#44 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

The Death Star! Lol

At the game's current 1/270 scale the Death Star I would have a diameter of about 1,450 feet/450 meters, which is the height of the Empire State Building. Wow, I never realized how big the Death Star *really* is.

From what I understand, it's about the size of a small moon.

• RealShinigami, mazz0, Stonedog and 5 others like this

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 5 Z-95 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator

#45 BattlePriest

BattlePriest

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

lol. So wrong.

...Assault Gunboats. And the Virago and Outrider.

LOL, I'm liking the "So wrong" comment. LOL

Wave 4 was just announced and we are greedily looking at the next wave. LOL

• Danthrax likes this

#46 Hexis

Hexis

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

Eagle-5!

• Duke of Advil and Audio Weasel like this

#47 JaggedLittleFel

JaggedLittleFel

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

I wish there were no negative comments about EU ships.

All the movie ships are done, would you prefer that wave 4 was repaints?

I would really want clawcraft.

And those droid fighters from Dark Empire that had the brains of fallen tie aces installed in them.

#48 Filthy Pierre

Filthy Pierre

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

ARC-170

Y-Wing with crew slow.

• mazz0 likes this

If you don't feed trolls they die.

Don't judge on stats alone, play test it for a few games.

#49 DB Draft

DB Draft

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

You can already play with the Death Star during the game as well as the planet Alderaan.... its called space debris.

• Filthy Pierre likes this

Nerfherder in Training

#50 TheRealStarkiller

TheRealStarkiller

Scourge Of The Galaxy

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

WAVE 5??

With wave 4 we will get all "The End Of The Food Chain"-Fighters already.

Leaving the TIE Avenger, the Gunboat, the Missile Boat, several Bounty Hunters, several Frighter/Smugglers/Freelancers ...

And WTF is Ethan shooting at??? Is this a hint? A third faction ship?

etahn-abaht.png

Sir, rebel transports sighted \                              / Affirmative.                                                           

(-o-)  (-o-)    (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)     (-o-o-)    (-o-)  (-o-) 

Excellent! Gamma wing, prepare for torpedo run. We'll provide cover.

|-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   (<o>)   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   |-o-|   

#51 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

The Death Star! Lol

Do I have to get the diagram out again..

Deathstar.jpg

• MajorJuggler, IvlerIin and admiralcrunch like this

#52 UKSpider

UKSpider

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Black Sun pirates are mentioned on the Headhunter card so maybe we'll see a 3rd faction with wave 5?

• mazz0, mrgoodtrips, LeoHowler and 1 other like this

#53 Obi Juan Kenobi

Obi Juan Kenobi

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Anyone had enough of Ties and Wings yet?

After the E-Wing, the only -wing that I would consider worthy is the V-Wing from the prequels.

I am a big lover of the EU and the creations but I am not sold on some of the made up ships from some games and books.

Slave 2 could be a decent addition in the future.

Edited by Obi Juan Kenobi, 08 February 2014 - 08:39 AM.

• mazz0, Rodent Mastermind and LeoHowler like this

#54 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

Anyone had enough of Ties and Wings yet?

After the E-Wing, the only -wing that I would consider worthy is the V-Wing from the prequels.

I am a big lover of the EU and the creations but I am not sold on some of the made up ships from some games and books.

Slave 2 could be a decent addition in the future.

Yeah I'm wanting Skip Rays and Assault boats for Imperials next wave..

YT-2400 for Rebels definitely, wouldn't be against a V-Wing.

#55 Orsonius

Orsonius

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

What is Etahn in his E-Wing shooting at.

http://www.fantasyfl...etahn-abaht.png

prey birds

Actually, they're Yevethan D-Type Trifoil Fighters, from the Black Fleet Crisis (where General A'baht most famously served).  Preybirds have no fins, and have relatively square wings.

Wow.... good spotting!

#56 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

tag - this speculation thread was the first and therefore should get used over all other 'late to the party' speculation threads :)

would be cool if ppl could post up pics of possible ships or at least a small description of what they think it will do in this game ;)

that way us 'non-UE-experts' can see what the heck these shiny new ships are like.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#57 Black Knight Leader

Black Knight Leader

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Their needs to be a TIE Interdictor in this game.  With that you want need any big Imperial ships.  I think one by itself could blow up the 75 mechanic wise.

• oneway likes this

May the Holy Trinity be with you and give you peace.

#58 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

new cheaper pilots for the tie-advanced, maybe a dual pilot that can jump into a new ship or a tie-advanced?

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber, 08 February 2014 - 02:25 PM.

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#59 zefig

zefig

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Nothing specifically against the Outrider, but I think something a little less similar to the YT-1300 would be good.  I'm not a huge fan of the Sorosuub staryacht, but with 2 major named ships in the class already, I think it might be a good inclusion.  For a large Imperial ship, I would LOVE to see a skipray.  It would be a great answer for them to the rebel capital ships as well.

Small ship wise...the TIE droid might be interesting, but I'm not sure it would offer anything that the standard TIE doesn't already.  The Preybird at least has something different about it...rear-facing concussion missile launcher?  Interesting.  It's pretty obscure though and not really immediately recognizable as "Imperial."  I could potentially see that TIE with a turret too, possibly.

As for the rebels, the K-wing is fairly distinct from what they have already.  I believe that was a fairly large ship too though, and it suffers from obscurity. 

• Rakky Wistol likes this

#60 Engine25

Engine25

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

I am a big fan of the T16, and according to Wookieepedia it works in upper/ thin atmosphere/ space. Any other takers? not sure what the stats would be, but I would guess a fast ship with poor turning ability and low agility, possibly a cheap, fast ship with 2/2/3/0. not sure it would get played or even if there are anyother proponents of its addition, but I'm a fan. Any takers? what would it be if you added it to the game?
Just another stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf-Herder bidding you, Fly Casual.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS