Wave 5 speculation

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#21 Norsehound

Norsehound

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

Uh... R-41/T-Wing for the Rebels, Assault Gunboat and I dunno... the TIE Vanguard for the Empire?

I hope we don't see the YT-2400 anytime soon. I still want more diversity for Rebel craft from another Rebel flying pancake saucer ship. Yeah I know if they do it it'll be different but c'mon, the Baudo? K-Wings?

• aadh likes this

#22 markcsoul

markcsoul

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

I'll be extremely disappointed if they don't do at least ONE prequel ship in the next wave.  They already have 2 ships now from the prequel era in the firespray and z-95, three if you count the y-wing sort of.  Plus they can't use the argument of ships around during the OT either as the E-Wings are a post ROTJ creation.  The EU ships this wave are all pretty well known for the most part, but another wave of EU ships would be starting to get more obscure even for casual fans.

• mazz0 likes this

REBEL SHIPS: 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 3 X-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 Z-95, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75

IMPERIAL SHIPS: 1 Tie Advanced, 1 Tie Bomber, 3 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Interceptors, 2 Firespray-31s

#23 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

• Members
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

I hate that you did this.  HATE...ya, ya, ya... path to the dark side and all that...

But I would bet on Yt-2400 since we didn't get another big this time.  I hope we get to see any 2 of these: Tie Droid, Predator, and clawcraft/hunter, starviper, I-7 howlrunner. 

Other option is an all prequel wave.  I would then expect vwing and Arc180 or a jedi starfighter(ETA-2) and good lord who knows for the "empire" at that point... fanblade fighters? Belbullab-22? third faction?  Droid starfighters... yep.

#24 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

• Members
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

A new cannon:  The Iludium Pu-36 Explosive Space Modulator

I'm going to blow up the Earth!

• oneway, Swedge, Breaking The Law and 1 other like this

#25 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Q wing and G wing for the Rebels  The Imperials get  Tie "Breaker" and a Tie "BOW"......

anybody in the Sumter S.C. area???

#26 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Q wing and G wing for the Rebels  The Imperials get  Tie "Breaker" and a Tie "BOW"......

TIE BOWs are coooooool

• nurglez likes this

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 5 Z-95 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator

#27 oneway

oneway

• Members
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

There was supposed to be an Earth shattering KaBoom...

• aadh and Audio Weasel like this

"I mean, come on kid, my armor's older than you are.."

Corp. Haig Talin, MK - 472

Armor 18 - Fire - N - Ice

181st Mechanized Armor Assault Div

#28 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Tie Bow comes with "Elite"  pilot card Billy Banks!!

• Audio Weasel and Cubanboy like this

#29 That One Guy

That One Guy

• Members
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

A new cannon:  The Iludium Pu-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Oh goodie! You've found it!

• aadh and Audio Weasel like this

#30 Joker Two

Joker Two

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

All the -Wings come in pairs, and they've announced the E-, so I'd bet the K-Wing.  There's lots of possibilities though:

Rebel/New Republic:

Sorosuub Yacht (either the Lady Luck or Jade Shadow).

Imperial:

Chiss Clawcraft (in my dreams!)

TIE Vanguard

Pirate faction/prequel wave/covert ops ships (Chewbacca Lambda, CorSec X-Wing, etc.)

• Rakky Wistol and Ghost Vader like this

#31 Swedge

Swedge

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

or maybe the mi tie?  

• Rakky Wistol and Audio Weasel like this

#32 Rodent Mastermind

Rodent Mastermind

• Members
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

So you want the Weiner Dog of Space ships (the Lady Luck)... and the K wing.. which is one of the sillier EU designs... OK.....

Give me a YT-2400 any day...

• aadh and LeoHowler like this

#33 Audio Weasel

Audio Weasel

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

or maybe the mi tie?  

I'll drink to that

• Swedge and Drakhan Valane like this

Current Fleet:

Rebel: 4 A-Wings, 4 B-Wings, 2 HWK-290's, 3 YT-1300s, 4 X-Wings, 2 Y-Wing, 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 4 E-Wing, 5 Z-95 

Imperial:  3 Lambda Shuttles,  2 Firespray-31's, 3 Tie Advanced, 4 Tie Bombers, 6 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Interceptors,   2 Imperials Aces, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 TIE Defender

On Pre-order:2 Z-95, 2 Rebel Aces, 2 YT-2400, 2 Decimator

#34 TomasB

TomasB

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

I don't believe we'll see a TIE Avenger in any future wave. Unless I've got it all wrong the TIE Avenger is another name for the TIE Advanced and we already have that. Vader flies the TIE Advanced x1 but the other pilots are listed as TIE Advanced on the cards. It is unfortunate that the model is wrong for the TIE Avenger/Advanced.

#35 UnfairBanana

UnfairBanana

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Seriously, we're starting this already? Jeez.
Gotta admit I'm a little disappointed that there's no YT-2400 yet. Or 2000.

Rebels: 4 X-Wings, 2 Y- Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 1 GR-75 Space whale, 1 CR-90 Corvette

Empire: 5 TIE/LN, 4 TIE Interceptors(1 Guard, 2 Saber, 1 Standard), 2 TIE Bombers, 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Firespray, 1 Lambda

#36 cert13

cert13

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

What is Etahn in his E-Wing shooting at.

http://www.fantasyfl...etahn-abaht.png

prey birds

Wedge Antilles: The only character from the original series that appears in all three movies, has only one costume, and still manages to help destroy TWO Death Stars.

#37 Lumberjack Nick

Lumberjack Nick

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

The Death Star! Lol

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Let's see that dial  :P

#38 KaryudoDS

KaryudoDS

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

I don't believe we'll see a TIE Avenger in any future wave. Unless I've got it all wrong the TIE Avenger is another name for the TIE Advanced and we already have that. Vader flies the TIE Advanced x1 but the other pilots are listed as TIE Advanced on the cards. It is unfortunate that the model is wrong for the TIE Avenger/Advanced.

Sort of? It has been referred to as a TIE Advanced, but several other prototypes were as well. However not only is the model for a TIE Avenger wrong, but so is the dial as the Avenger was also the successful attempt to make a fighter with TIE Fighter maneuverability and a hyperdrive. Plus it also had twice as many laser cannons as the X1 so it would at least have 3 attack dice, not the 2 everything in the pack has.

So as unfortunate as it may be, I still don't think any of the ships in there are Avengers. I do really want me an Avenger though. Never a big fan of the X1's.

#39 Joker Two

Joker Two

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

What is Etahn in his E-Wing shooting at.

http://www.fantasyfl...etahn-abaht.png

prey birds

Actually, they're Yevethan D-Type Trifoil Fighters, from the Black Fleet Crisis (where General A'baht most famously served).  Preybirds have no fins, and have relatively square wings.

• evanger, Parakitor, Cilionelle and 2 others like this

#40 Cilionelle

Cilionelle

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

They're from a bit in the future of the fight, too, from about ABY 16-20 or so (or that's when they were made famous, at least).

"There is no point to owning a copy of the rules if you aren't committed to actually reading them."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS